This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Schoolhouse Rock

edited June 2007 in Movies
What's your favorite Schoolhouse Rock cartoon? Do you punk kids even remember it?

Here's my favorite:

lhOY4CWkxTI

Bonus (because it's somewhat in the same style): Sonny Boy Williamson - Your Funeral and My Trial

DFRMBWgyH-M

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Conjunction junction, what's that function? Hooking up words and phrases and clauses....

Believe it or not, I still use the "Naughty Number 9" method when I do math in my head.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Mr. Morton makes me cry every time I watch it. It's certainly my favorite.

Of course, I love them all.
  • edited June 2007
    Of course us punk kids remember it!! Every Saturday morning cartoon watching year of my life they were still being aired. This was always my favorite.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I am 17 so I wasn't around when it was on TV. I watched it for the first time this year when my Geo class was done early and had nothing else to do. I really liked the Bill one. I feel so young when ever I post in the fourms. Hence me just getting into the fourms even though I have been listening for like 2 years.
  • edited June 2007
    Of course us punk kids remember it!! Every Saturday morning cartoon watching year of my life they were still being aired. This was always my favorite.

Really?  I have absolutely no memory of Schoolhouse Rock ever being aired - maybe it was something local to you.  I've seen it once, in 4th grade, and I can't even remember what it was about.  It was mildly entertaining, but it kinda failed at its intended purpose (for me at least).
    Post edited by rhinocero on
  • I remember when it first came out in 1973. They showed them during almost every commercial break. The first ones were all multiplication songs, and since grammar school multiplication tables can be learned by rote, they were wicked useful.

Then they started the grammar ones, which were a little less useful, but still very practical. Then they came out with the history/civics ones. All during this time they showed them less and less. I was pretty much finished with saturday morning TV by the time they started showing the science ones. In fact, I've never seen that electricity one before Sail posted it.
  • edited June 2007
    I feel so young when ever I post in the fourms.
    Heh, I'm 16. I know how you feel.
    Really? I have absolutely no memory of Schoolhouse Rock ever being aired - maybe it was something local to you.
    I don't think so, it was on ABC. Wikipedia says that I was born at just the right time to see them "infrequently" on Saturday morning.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I looked on the Wikipedia site just now. They list the science ones before the history ones. I'm CERTAIN the history ones came first. The site doesn't say they list them in chronological order though . . .
  • Posted By: rhinoceroOf course us punk kids remember it!! Every Saturday morning cartoon watching year of my life they were still being aired. This was always my favorite.Really? I have absolutely no memory of Schoolhouse Rock ever being aired - maybe it was something local to you.I don't think so, it was on ABC.Wikipediasays that I was born at just the right time to see them "infrequently" on Saturday morning

Maybe I was just watching the wrong channel or the wrong time, then, as we're about the same age and never ever saw them.
  • I have the DVDs. Ah memories.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2008
    Personally, my favorite cartoons were the ones on the Multiplication Rock compilation as well as Science Rock (Interplanet Janet w00t).
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I have the DVD and directed Schoolhouse Rock Live, Jr when I was teaching Elementary school music. My favorite is "3 is a Magic Number."
  • Mr. Mortonmakes me cry every time I watch it. It's certainly my favorite.

Which one. The rap one or the kiddie rock one? I love the rap one. I only seen that once as a kid.

My favorite is VERB! ITS THE ACTION WORD!

The grammar School House Rock's were the main favorite when I showed them at a day camp.

Which one. The rap one or the kiddie rock one? I love the rap one. I only seen that once as a kid.

The grammar School House Rock's were the main favorite when I showed them at a day camp.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the VERB!! THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENIN' video, that one is also one of my favorites.
  • I picked up the DVD set like half a year ago... It was totally a smack of nostalgia in the face. Conjunction junction is still the most memorable for me.

Anyone watch Drawn Together? They did an awesome parody... Racism and stereotypes are in effect, so don't watch it if your uptight.

I'd never seen these before (but that's to be expected, since I don't live in the U.S.) but these are pretty cool. I can't really say which one I like the most though.

• Anyone watch Drawn Together? They did an awesomeparody... Racism and stereotypes are in effect, so don't watch it if your uptight.
    It was awesome.