This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Theme is Up!

edited April 2006 in GeekNights
I've put up the new theme. See it here. I'm 90% sure that I've worked out all the bugs. If you have any suggestions or comments, put them here. I really want to hear people's opinions on it. Most of all I want to be told right away if there are any bugs such as dead/incorrect links or rendering issues.

We're still looking for official Front Row Crew and GeekNights logos. Draw something that will look good at the top of the new homepage, in iTunes and on iPods. You will receive $50 if we use what you draw, I'm serious.

Comments

• edited April 2006
    You will receive $50 if we use what you draw. I'm serious.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • You need to turn on BBCode for that to work, Mr. Period.
  • RymRym
    edited April 2006
    Actually, there was a problem with the BBCode plugin. Mr. Period did everything correctly this time, including yelling at us for having a broken forum... ^_^*
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I see. Woah, where'd that preview button come from?
  • I'd like to comment that I can't find a link anywhere on the forum that returns to the home page.
  • The Front Row Crew banner at the top of the page links back to the Front Row Crew home page.
  • Here is a very rough suggestion for a logo.
    The basic idea is "Front Row Crew" over some cinema style seats. Obviously, some colour changes will be required to match the rest of the site, and the lettering can be done with something better than Comic Sans MS. However I don't have the photoshop skills so give this idea to whoever can pull it off.

A few formalities. The background image of the seats is taken from a photo by atomicjeep under a creative commons license, and so this rough image is also under the same license.
  • What colour do you want to logo put up on Scott? The baner colour that is there when we're logged in the the banner colour that is there when we're logged out because the banner colours change when we log-in.
  • The blue gradient is the default. If you are seeing red, or some other color, then you are not using the default forum theme. If you go to your forum settings you can change your forum theme. This forum has many advanced features which are hidden. Just yesterday I discovered a few I did not know about.
  • I'm on this contest like cheese on a god damned pizza.
  • I'll be submitting in a few days. This week is pretty bad for me.
  • ::beats Amethist to the punch:: VICTORY IS MINE!

I got a few ideas here. First, the "main" GeekNights logo:
    GNlogo.jpg

Next, I puttered around with the idea of having different logos for each GeekNight podcast:

Tech Nights featuring ribbon cable, a test tube, and a bunson burner:
    Techlogo.jpg

Anime nights, I could do a 'real' version of these fake-ish kana with a brush and ink. See the possability for a 'G' and an 'N'?:
    Anilogo.jpg

Game Nights, totally sporting a tetris-piece logo:
    Gamelogo.jpg

That's what I got so far. They're sketches, so they're cursorey (sp?), but if you want them, i could ink em up and color them as well. I'm very busy/extremely lazy, so I don't want to put too much into them untll I know you guys want em. :P
  • Great ideas, especially the first one which I LOVE. The others, meh, the tetris one could work but I need to see a better sketch in order to pass judgement. Anyways I think its a great start. I hope the guys like them. : )
  • In the main desing the word geek at first looks like the word eek, that makes new users wary.
  • I have made an attempt.

This is mainly meant to be an idea for the layout, please pretend the controller is nicely drawn rather than scribbled. ^_^