This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Doki Doki Majo Shinpan: In english, maybe?

edited June 2007 in Everything Else
Kotaku is saying that SNK's witch touching game Doki Doki Majo Shinpan has an English site, which of course implies a potential English release.
Is anyone going to buy this game, English or not?

Comments

• Only perverts.
  • If you enjoy touching little girls, then go for it.
  • edited June 2007
    Its kind of sad that this kind of thing looks to be more popular than say, a more popular H-game ported to the DS.

Oh why won't they bring "Front mission 1st" to english countries. I need military robot action!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I say they need to bring more visual novels to the DS, Hotel Dusk seems to have done ok and the DS's touch screen and twin screens would be perfect for themm if it had a larger screen.
  • I use Gnese to read manga on my DS (I use a R4DS loader) and the results are actually rather good. If your going to consider getting one with the specific purpose of reading a lot of manga get the biggest SD micro card you can (my 1gb wont really hold everything I need and more than two manga)
    Gnese: DS comic book reader
  • Kotaku is saying thatSNK's witch touching game Doki Doki Majo Shinpan has an English site, which of course implies a potential English release.
    Is anyone going to buy this game, English or not?
    While it would be funny to see this game translated (with a hysterical pun-filled title, no doubt), I don't think we'll ever see it happen. Personally, I've already pre-ordered mine for the sheer weirdness. It would be interesting if certain titles, not necessarily semi-perverted ones such as this, were brought to America much in the way that the majority of (good) anime is today. That is to say, translated into English while remaining inherently Japanese (names, honorifics, etc. remanining intact) or with subtitled vocal tracks (with some of the more dialogue-heavy PSP titles). Sadly, I just don't think there's a market for that, even with popular franchises such as Death Note. It would've been nice not to have to learn about fourteen new Kanji to play the "Death Note" game.