This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Funimation and Geneon are joining ADV on X-box 360.

edited June 2007 in Anime
It's coming out this Tuesday. I can only think of two ways that this could work is if they charge 160 points per esp. (Around 2.00 bucks.) Like Spike did with Blade. A another thing they can do is if they offer the first esp. to ever anime for free. So that way it can people can download it and then they might buy the rest of the show if they like it. I'm glad they offer a 120GB hard drive in the stores now for the X-box 360.

Comments

• I don't know anything about this... could you provide a link?
  • edited July 2007
    Heres the link. x-box360andanime
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • Not a whole lot of information there... But, if I got the option of sub or dub and if I used my 360 for DVDs anyway, then I'd probably go for it.
  • They did one thing right. They put each esp. for 160 points. Here's are the animes that are on X-box 360 Marketplace.

The Galaxy Railways.
    Gankutsuou-The Count of Monte Cristo.
    Gilgamesh.
    Gun Sword.
    Gunslinger Girl.
    Guyver.
    Last Exile.
    Lupin the III TV show. The Red Jacket Lupin show.
    Rumbling Hearts.
    Saiyuki.
    Samurai 7.
    Trinity Blood.
  • The Galaxy Railways.
    Gilgamesh.
    Gun Sword.
    Gunslinger Girl.
    Guyver.
    Last Exile.
    Rumbling Hearts.
    Saiyuki.
    Samurai 7.
    Trinity Blood.
    Great. All complete shit. Except maybe Lupin.
  • Uh, have you seen Galaxy Railways? Or Last Exile? or Samurai 7? Oh and Lupin isn't a maybe, it's damn good.
  • edited June 2007
    Uh, have you seen Galaxy Railways? Or Last Exile? or Samurai 7? Oh and Lupin isn't a maybe, it's damn good.
    Never heard of Galaxy Railways, didn't notice Last Exile in there, and I disagree with you on Samurai 7. Haven't seen enough Lupin to judge more than it being "pretty good". "All complete shit" were also probably too strong of words, but my general opinion of the list was not favorable.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited October 2007
    Here a update to the list. The only problem I see about the anime movies is that their price point is to 240 points to 320 points and you can only keep the anime movies for a 24 hour period.

Ghost in the Shell.
    Desert punk.
    Speed Grapher.
    Basilisk.
    The Galaxy Railways.
    Gilgamesh.
    Gun Sword.
    Gunslinger Girl.
    Guyver.
    Last Exile.
    Rumbling Hearts.
    Saiyuki.
    Samurai 7.
    Trinity Blood.
    Kiddy Grade.
    Akira. Which the have in HD.
    Lady Death.
    The Place Promised in our Early Days.
    Virus.
    Tokko.
    Street Fighter II V.
    Noein.
    Astro Boy.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • edited June 2007
    I downloaded the first episode to Speed Grapher. It's Dub only.

Spoilers ahead. It was pretty good first episode. I would say it like watching Eyes Wide Shut with some type of magic in it. I plan on buying the rest of show from X-box 360 Marketplace when I get a 120 GB hard-drive.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • I downloaded the first episode to Speed Grapher. It was pretty good first episode.
    I suggest listening to Dave and Joel's Fast Karate for the Gentleman episode on Speed Grapher before you venture much further.
  • 4 bucks for a movie, and only keep it for 24 hours?, I rather rent it for $2 and keep it 5 days
  • edited June 2007
    I just downloaded the second episode to Speed Grapher, and I have to say is everyone has a price.
    Post edited by Apreche on