This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime - Military & Politics

edited June 2007 in Everything Else
Hello everyone.

Are there any really good anime movies or series that revolve around military & politics? I am looking for something that is similar to the Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell games.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LT

Comments

• I haven't seen it yet, but Ghost in the Shell seems perfect.
  • Definitely either of the Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex series. The second one (2nd Gig) is more politically focused than the first, but will make much less sense if you haven't watched the first, and both are all-around fantastic anyway. I'd also recommend Gasaraki; it starts slow, but builds to awesome.
  • I've heard good things of Zipang, I haven't seen it all the way through but what I have seen I enjoyed greatly.
  • Golgo 13.
  • Zipang is a science fiction show, in the same vein as "The Final Countdown" and involves much the same dilemma of whether or not to interfere in the course of history.
  • I would recomend Monster, and anything from Naoki Urasawa.
  • edited June 2007
    Yes, but while Zipang is a science fiction show, it is also heavily based in military, which I think LiquidTim would like ^_^
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • I would like to re-emphasize Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex because it is one of my all time favorite animes due to all of the political and military heaviness.
  • GTIS: SAC, like everyone else has been saying.

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade is another one.
  • I am going to do some research on some of these.

Thanks a ton guys.

-LT