This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Death of a Wii...

edited June 2007 in Video Games
*sigh*

My Wii decided that it would disconnect from WiiConnect24 by killing the yellow standby light, and then turning it red. Okay. No big deal.

Then it decided "You know what? I'm done turning on... Mario Party 8? Back off, I'm keeping that in me! All them there's Virtual Console games too!"

So I am shipping it to BC (That's in Canada! Hehe) to get repaired by Nintendo this week... I had tried EVERYTHING to get it going - moving accessories in, out, around, different power sources and more. All of it. It's DONE.

*Sigh*

New Friend Code... FTL.

Comments

• New Friend Code... FTL.
    You might not have a new friend code. Nintendo is usually pretty good about that sort of thing, or so I hear.
  • I hope so. They said they'd be shipping me a new unit and transferring all my stuff on to it... Hopefully I can keep the old code. God damn, that would be terrific!
  • My Wii is dying as well...of hunger. God there are no good games for this system (my opinion of course, you may disagree).
  • I'm still playing through Zelda. I just completed Snow Peak and I'm off to the forest!

Have you tried Rayman Raving Rabidds yet? That is the best "mini-game" game on the Wii. I also think Excite Truck is worth the money even though the two-player mode sucks.
  • Super Paper Mario is pretty rockin' and sure to fill your Wii's hunger. I've been playing it a lot lately and it's currently one of my favorite games. It combines the awesome art style of Paper Mario with the platforming of the original Mario games and Super Mario 64. And, of course, there are mathematical equations involving mushrooms floating in the sky, which is an added bonus. ^_^
  • I have heard that there are too many long reading bits in Super Paper Mario.
  • I have heard that there are too many long reading bits in Super Paper Mario.
    Yeah, that's probably the only thing that makes me mad about the game, but, more often than not, there are a quite a few humorous quips mixed into the sea of dialog. Nevertheless, I've heard from everyone that has beaten the game that the ending is long and tedious.
  • I've got no problems not having games. I am still playing Zelda and Paper Mario - well, I would be anyway. ;)