This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I am confused

edited June 2007 in Everything Else
I got the first of my sites moved onto my new server (Yellow Pole), it's my kids blog so don't expect much out of it, and I'm having a problem.

The problem is that the site is taking 30 to 45 seconds between pages. I put some old html stuff up to see if that was having problems too and those pages load fine.

Now I'm thinking it must be a php or mysql problem so I put up a php/mysql app I've been toying with and it will not load the index.php page! It just loads an empty html document.

I fiddled around and it will load other pages it the app (top ten page) but it still will not load the index.php page. The few pages that do load on that app load fast.

So now I'm stuck trying to figure out why WordPress is running like crap.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• I had a somewhat similar problem on another WordPress site I worked on clattervalleydaycamp.org where WordPress was taking over subdirectories and acting as if they were pages.

I needed to add a special area just for staff members so I created clattervalleydaycamp.org/staff. If you click on the link you get a Wordpress error. I had to create a subdomain staff.clattervalleydaycamp.org so we could use this directory.

I think that might be part of why the yellowpole/com/photo directory is not working properly. I'm not entirely sure though because I'm not getting a Wordpress error, I'm getting a blank html page.
  • It ended up being a DNS issue with the WordPress problem.

The other problem I am having has to do with sessions. When I call session_start(); everything hangs. I'm not yet sure why because I have no looked to deeply into that problem yet.
  • Now that part is all fixed too! Yeah me...