This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

TF2 dated - 10/9/2007

edited June 2007 in Video Games
It's got a date, it's coming out. In October we will finally see the release of a game almost a decade in the making. I sort of wish they would release the game a month or so earlier so the date could be 9/8/07. Oh well. It looks like I'm going to buy more RAM and another hard drive in September. I don't think any other upgrades will really be necessary in order for this game to be playable on my system. I might not get the best frame rate in the universe, but it will be good enough for me to play without hideous lag. Is everybody ready?

Comments

• I need to pick up another ten twenty-four as well. I might pick a pair of matched 512's as well. This new rig runs fairly well, but gaming under windows requires more than the single lonely gig i have under the hood.
  • May I as what TF2 is?
  • May I as what TF2 is?
    You may.
  • TF2 = Team Fortress 2

I can't wait for the Orange Box, HL2 Ep 2, Portal and TF2. It's going to be a good October.
  • Most likely this will be the only game (along with HL2: Episode 2 and Portal) I'll ever purchase on Steam. Mainly because I much perfer to have a physical medium to display on my bookcase with my other games rather then just data.
  • Most likely this will be the only game (along with HL2: Episode 2 and Portal) I'll ever purchase on Steam. Mainly because I much perfer to have a physical medium to display on my bookcase with my other games rather then just data.

Who has empty bookshelf space to waste on empty useless boxes?
  • edited June 2007
    I personally got plenty after cleaning out the space from top shelf the old games I know I will not miss at all. It's more of a boredom thing if I got friends over, so they can just rummage through it; and something I can just look at, look through the manuals, etc. Although I ask why companies go with those inch thick cases that is meant for about six discs and use it for one DVD. I also forgot to point out that sometimes the games goes on sale, thus usually cheaper to purchase it there rather then on online through Steam or D2D.
    Post edited by omegafinal on
  • I really like Steam, merely because if my computer ever breaks, or I have to reformat or reinstall windows, I don't have to worry about finding the discs to games. I just download Steam, and re-download the games no problem. I never have to worry about losing a disc, a cd-key, or a disc getting damaged.
  • I really like Steam, merely because if my computer ever breaks, or I have to reformat or reinstall windows, I don't have to worry about finding the discs to games. I just download Steam, and re-download the games no problem. I never have to worry about losing a disc, a cd-key, or a disc getting damaged.
    Now if only iTunes would be kind enough to let you do that...
  • My laptop couldn't handle this for shit. I picked up Steam yesterday and I think I'll get Half-Life. I never picked it up, so I'd be confused in the sequel and stories afterward.

However, I'm all for the Orange Box on my 360. Superior PC Gaming or not, I enjoy console shooters. :)