This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

SNESing on the DS

edited June 2007 in Video Games
I have being using an R4DS loader cartridge for the DS which runs games and homebrew apps from a micro SD card and in recently the majority of my play time has been spent playing snes games using the SNEmulDS emulator.
The latest version (0.5 as of writing) seems to run most games pretty well and I've started on Super mario world and Zelda:LTTP which are very playable after some fiddling around.

I'd like to know if anyone else uses a loader cartridge and what people think about having a mobile snes on the DS compared to something like the virtual console?

Afterthought: can anyone suggest good games?

Comments

• Yea I recently purchased a cycloDS. I have not yet tried any snes emulators though, because I mainly use my CycloDS just to read manga. :D
  • Actraiser.

Oh em gee.
  • I have an R4DS as well but I haven't gotten many emulators to work very well yet. Maybe I just sampled some early and/or broken ones but my experience has not gone well.
  • I have the MK5 16G(2 gig), but have yet to try any home brew on it. However, I use my PSP to emulate MANY systems. Right now, Zelda:LTTP is my SNES game of choice, Shadow run is my default Genesis game, and River City Ransom is loaded up for the NES. Of course, I also keep Puzzlequest, Test Drive Unlimited, and Dungeon Siege on my memory stick as well, and MGS in in the UMD slot. 4 gigs in the PSP is just so much easier for me to keep everything on, plus the space doesn't have to be split for saves and disk images, everything just fits and works.