This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I am Rym, Conqueror of Nations

edited June 2007 in Everything Else

Comments

• Please someone tell me that is not a person cosplaying as Rym... Please...
  • Hmm... Cosplaying as Rym... Not a bad idea...
  • The outfit is pretty cool, the sword not so much. Rym kind of looks like Weird Al somewhat as well.
  • The skin tone on the face urks me. I know it's suppose to be darker due to the hat, but still.
    (If you're looking for a response; I thought to myself, that's humorous in a "that's totally his style" kind of way)
  • I think it'd be great if a large group of Geeknights listeners came to a con cosplaying as Rym and Scott. Quick, find a way to arrange this without their knowledge, and make sure we have equal numbers of Ryms and Scotts.
  • Quick, find a way to arrange this without their knowledge
    Too late.
  • Heh...  I thought that was so much cooler in high school than I do now... ^_~
  • lol. that's a great picture.
  • Rym, don't ever grow your moustache back.
  • Heh...  I thought that was so much cooler in high school than I do now... ^_~

At least you figured that out before you hit 30.
  • Rym, don't ever grow your moustache back.
    You mean the "Molest"stache.
  • edited June 2007
    At first I thought that was a walking stick. Then I took a second look.

heheheh.... oh Rym.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • You can't see it because it's outside the frame, but he had just killed a tiger with that thing.
  • edited August 2007

The guy flying the kite looks similar to someone we know...
    Post edited by Sail on
  • (In awe at that awesome kite)
  • (In awe at that awesome kite)
    I concur, awesome kite. If I saw it in the sky it would confuddle me.
  • So a real life version of Google Earth?
  • If I was one of those my hand would probably react without me noticing.
  • edited August 2007
    Guys, shut up. That picture of Rym is awesome.

That jacket is pretty sweet ...
    Post edited by ananthymous on
  • Actually, that jacket IS pretty sweet

That was the first of three.  I wore one for many years until it finally fell apart.  At RIT, I began wearing a second identical one, using the original as a portable pillow/sack/blanket.  After the second one wore out, Emily bought me a third as a gift.
    It's an Australian style duster.  I love that coat.  I have to periodically oil and wax it to keep it waterproof.
  • edited August 2007

Actually, that jacket IS pretty sweet
    That was the first of three.  I wore one for many years until it finally fell apart.  At RIT, I began wearing a second identical one, using the original as a portable pillow/sack/blanket.  After the second one wore out, Emily bought me a third as a gift.

It's an Australian style duster.  I love that coat.  I have to periodically oil and wax it to keep it waterproof.

I really like it - it looks real cool.

I did some digging around the Internet, and discovered that the above picture of Rym isn't actually the original. It turns out he did some photo-editing so as not to alarm us, thinking perhaps that we couldn't handle the truth.

Well, after some Inter-sleuthing, I found the real deal. Prepare yourselves for the truth:

(RYM PLEASE DON'T HATE ME)
    Post edited by ananthymous on
  • I KNEW IT

RYM YOU'VE DECIEVED US
  • Oh my goodness. You look nerdier than I did in high school.
  • Slacker:

I almost cried laughing from that image for so many reasons.
  • Slacker:

I almost cried laughing from that image for so many reasons.
    /agree

I don't know what I liked better, the dragon or the fact that Rym is shiny.
  • Oh, the lens flares, the lens flares! XDD;;;
  • Damn Bloom, when it came along poor lens flare was so yesterday.. It was so shiny!