This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rym says this constantly and it irks me

I'm going back and listening to the old episodes and I noticed that whenever toys are discussed, M.A.S.K. is always brought up. So Rym goes on about how much he loves M.A.S.K. and he's a big fan and all that. Now I'm sure I'm a peon in the M.A.S.K. fan heiarchy, but GODDANM it pisses me off when Rym says "Boulder Mountain" instead of Boulder Hill. It didn't piss me off when Rym incorrectly stated that South Korea never signed the armistice, but the recurring "Boulder Mountain" flub makes me cringe and it ticks me off. Like nails on chalkboard.

-Esteban

Comments

• Pooned/Poned/Pawned/Owned.

I propose a series of congressional hearings into this fiasco. Doubly so if Rym is taking steroids.
  • I demand inquisitions because Scott says "LOL" like it's a word. Painful inquisitions of intense pain.

-Esteban
  • edited April 2006
    Oh good. We were worried that listeners didn't know which of us was which because we don't introduce ourselves like other podcasts.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Hey, I watched M.A.S.K. at a time when I would barely consider myself sentient. It's been a while ^_~

As for South Korea never signing the armistice, I find several references to this fact. It was a complicated legal situation due mostly to the fact that neither nation actually declared war in the first place. As best I can tell, US/UN forces signed it on their behelf.

Neither nation officially recognizes the other, and even though -an- armistice was signed by -someone-, no permanent peace treaty was EVER signed.

/late for work, but will go into more detail if you wish
  • RymRym
    edited April 2006
    ALSO...

The M.A.S.K. team's headquarters is a transforming gas station in Boulder Hill, Nevada. This facility, however, is called Boulder Mountain.

/pwn3d
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Best final episod name. Cliff Hanger. :)
  • Okay I'll conceed South Korea's armistice situation being ambiguous but this official M.A.S.K. comic proves Boulder Hill is in Tempe, Arizona!

-Esteban
  • edited April 2006
    I don't who says this but I liked it. *cough cough*

"I have a vision"

hilarity for the theories created.

edit:HA HA
    Post edited by the flamming geek on
  • Boulder Mountain is indeed in Boulder Hill. The toy set itself was called "boulder mountain," and I'll try to find a picture of the box in which it came.
  • Ha! Wikipedia and about 50 sites are wrong!

I concede defeat, and will take it upon myself to edit the incorrect articles tonight.

/bow
  • edited April 2006
    I will search it on ebay. (Has a weird habit of looking at the weirdest things on ebay).
    Post edited by MrPeriod on
  • Wikipedia is now correct ^_^ I have removed all references to "Boulder Mountain."
  • edited April 2006
  • edited April 2006
    I have a vision... I will buy this, and in 2 year it will make me rich... Not.
  • In the German Dub of the show (yes it is horrible and just about as understandable) they say Boulder MOUNTAIN.

In the US version I THINK that Boulder Mountain is the chain of mountains that Boulder Hill Resides in.
  • That would explain it. I found more German fan sites than I did English ones when I went searching. I guess this show was big over there.
  • Crazy Germans. :)
  • du beleidigen mich

((danm it's only 11pm and I'm sleepy, but I woke up not long ago? WHATS WRONG WITH ME!))
  • Um...to much blood in your caffeine system?
  • yes to much caffeine
  • Or you know, you're not actually in Japan.
  • Check my post on the online manga thread.