This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Favorite foods

I must say, I am quite enjoying hot dogs this week. And I always love sushi. My favorite drinks would have to be Arnold palmers or chocolate milk. What about all of you?

Comments

• Huge fan of sushi, except this is the case with everyone who goes to this fantastic little sushi bar called Ru Sans in our area (its freshly rolled sushi made by a crowd of awesome Japanese fellows, just like any tiny ally fry kitchen you could imagine). I'm trying to ween myself off of soda. I guess my dirty little secret would have to be Jack in the Box Ultimate Cheeseburgers...I'll be right back.
  • edited June 2007
    I like a great many foods. I don't think I could call any single food my favorite above all others. However, the foods I enjoy the most typically involve various combinations of the following ingredients: butter, sugar, garlic, meat, bread, fire, and fry.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Anything Italian and sans mushrooms. My wife made these stuffed manicotti shells last night with fresh basil and tomato pesto, and I wept tears of joy.
  • I really like mushrooms. I used to think that they were magical, but that could be because of mario. I really like BBQ Chips. I'm eating them right now. Yummy.
  • edited June 2007
    After hard tack and sloosh, I'm happy with just about anything. I've often tried to convince Carole to fix possum, but she won't do it.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Ru Sans is definitely top notch. Other than that I'm going to have to agree with Scott.
  • RICE! Good with most things and you can eat it time and again.
    Not a big fan of fancy food. Food serves a purpose and if it also happens to be tasty then this is also good.
  • However, the foods I enjoy the most typically involve various combinations of the following ingredients: butter, sugar, garlic, meat, bread, fire, and fry.
    I can not think of one delicious food that doesn't involve one of those.
  • I'm a huge pizza lover. It's strange, but the best pizza I ever had was a store-bought pizza from McCains. It was one of those international thin crest pizzas - It was the Mexican type. It was so freaking good. But of course no one else liked it and they disconnected it...bastards.
  • Ru Sans is definitely top notch. Other than that I'm going to have to agree with Scott.
    WaterIsPoison, there are only a few Ru Sans resturants--in Charlotte, Atlanta, and I think something like Nashville...where then do you hail from?
  • I go to school at Georgia Tech, in the heart of Atlanta.
  • edited June 2007
    Anything, fried, wrapped in bacon, meat, onions, garlic, ginger and CEVICHE.

But I must say I enjoy more the cooking, I'm the only one that cooks in my family and have a 50 something cook book collection.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • I really can't cook. But my brother is great at it. So I bribe him into cooking for me all the time.
  • RymRym
    edited June 2007
    I love almost all food, and I'll try just about anything at least twice.
    Particularly, I have a deep fondness for raw red meat, perhaps seared and peppered, but otherwise largely uncooked.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Bloody meat is always good meat, in fact anything passed medium rare is not worth it (unless its a stew or something like that), same with burgers, as soon as the thermometer hits 165... they are done, not a second later
  • I love a really rare piece of meat. Almost more that anything. Once I tried hamburger that wasn't cooked and it wasn't that bad. Most meat is good still bleeding. But I really don't like pizza unless it's cold. I don't really like the runny cheese. I'll eat it cause everyone in my house likes it, but I don't prefer it.
  • Oh, stone cold, night before, breakfast pizza FTW
  • Once I tried hamburger that wasn't cooked and it wasn't that bad.
    That is extremely dangerous. While eating steaks raw is ok, ground beef needs to be cooked well.
  • Smoked meat . . . right now at least. Especially ribs.
  • Once I tried hamburger that wasn't cooked and it wasn't that bad.
    That is extremely dangerous. While eating steaks raw is ok, ground beef needs to be cooked well.
    160 degrees at the center, and you are O.K. to eat a brown in the outside, and pink in the inside juicy burger
  • edited June 2007
    160 degrees at the center, and you are O.K. to eat a brown in the outside, and pink in the inside juicy burger
    She definitely said uncooked. I understand if you want it medium but below medium rare you are pushing it. That is of course unless you ground the meet yourself.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I did my 5th Annual "Sure Honey, I'll Try Mushrooms Again" event last night, and was (as always) utterly disgusted. I like mushroom flavor, but it's the texture that kills me.
  • I love mushrooms! I used to buy a pack of them from the grocery store and a bottle of ranch dressing, YUM!
  • edited June 2007
    Whenever I think of eating mushrooms, I'm reminded that they are a fungus and it is like eating athletes foot. Yuck.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited June 2007
    She definitely said uncooked. I understand if you want it medium but below medium rare you are pushing it. That is of course unless you ground the meet yourself.
    It was by accident. My friends thought that it would be part of an amazing joke. But once I found out what it was and stopped freaking out, it wasn't bad.

I think that some nicely sauteed mushrooms with some italian dressing is amazing. Or mixing those mushrooms with some kind of cooked fish (I use tuna) and adding some Mrs. Dash is amazing!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I would say Chifa, Peruvian Food and Japanese cousine :P
  • edited June 2007
    I thought Chifa food was Peruvian/Chinese, I actually have a book called "Los Chifas del Peru", and it seems Chinese influenced
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • edited June 2007
    Once I tried hamburger that wasn't cooked and it wasn't that bad.
    Eh, ground beef isn't really that dangerous. It typically has a higher aerobic bacterial count than a whole steak, but the odds of encountering a serious pathogen aren't that much greater than those with whole steaks.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I thought Chifa food was Peruvian/Chinese, I actually have a book called "Los Chifas del Peru", and it seems Chinese influenced

It is more like Cantonese food with peruvian ingredients. Chifa is most delicious but it is hard to find one good restaurant here in america :(, I want my Ming Pao
  • I like just about everything except for canned peas. If I was starving to death and all there was some canned peas, I would go bludgeon something to death with the canned peas and eat that instead.