This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nullifying previous Alhambra games ;p

edited April 2006 in Board Games
So, I just found a nice store in Houston that also has board games and I picked up Alhambra. checked this with Alex, and it looks like you guys have been scoring this game wrong.

When a tie comes up for a place, we had been playing that the two people with the tie split the points for that place then the next person gets the next place, this can often work out that having a lower place gets you more points.

There is an example in the rule sheet on the right which says:

Kim and Nina each have 4 towers. They share the points for 1st and 2nd place: 13 + 6 = 19 points. The number is divided by two and rounded down so they are each awarded 9 points.
picture of rules page

how very interesting...

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I thought Amun-Re was the last game we messed up!

/me cries
  • We must have rematches!
  • I could cry.

We used to be so meticulous about game rules. I suppose we got lazy as we got more and more into gaming... -_-*
  • Maybe you can make an online version and have a geek nights tournament.
  • Does it mean that, retrospectively, you didn't actually have fun?
  • Yeah, when I read this rule I pictured the look on your faces when Lisa and I pointed out not one but two rules previously missed in Amun-Re. I guess it shows it is good to RTFM ^_^
  • No, all previous games were still fun, but any glory has now been taken from the winners.
  • The geeknament!
  • OK, just checking. Fun 1, Glory 0.
  • It'll be interesting to see how this changes the dynamic of the game. Where it used to be a huge strategy to beat someone by one or tie someone to deny them points, I think we'll see coalitions and all sorts of trickery.
  • Oh, the humanity!

On the other hand, it gives us a reason to play these particular games over others. As the FRC has traditionally been slow to make group decisions, this can only help.