This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

pwnd in the iPhone line

edited June 2007 in Technology
While driving into work this morning there was a story on the radio about a mayor of a crime-ridden city being called out while waiting in line for an iPhone! It might have been Philly but I can't find anything on the web about it (yet).

It sounds like he was waiting in the iPhone line and one of his constituents blasted him for wasting his time in the iPhone line while his taxpayer money was paying him! The guy went on about how the mayor should be doing his job rather than waiting in line for an iPhone. The mayor then left!

Comments

• That sounds pretty fishy to me... lol if I was mayor, I'd make my assistant stand in the line...
  • There was a companion story about the Mayor of DC who had his iPhone shipped directly to his office.
  • HEEHEEHEE...none the less civil servants aren't allowed to take a day off or display interest in a product?
  • HEEHEEHEE...none the less civil servants aren't allowed to take a day off or display interest in a product?
    It's one thing when you see a cop in a Dunkin' Donuts line to get coffee. It is something entirely different to see the mayor of a big city standing all day in a line to buy an iPhone!
  • Was he still getting the per diem? Was he ignoring important decisions? If not, what's the problem?