This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Who was a listener from the start?

edited July 2007 in GeekNights
I'm going to ask a question and I expect honest answers only. I have no way to tell if you are lying or not, but I would really like to know and I have no other way to find out.

Has anyone here listened to GeekNights from the start? Did you download episode 1 when it was the only episode on the site? I know our friends listened to the beta episodes, they don't count for this. I'm trying to find our earliest listeners who weren't just our friends, and I'm trying to figure out exactly when they jumped on board. If you didn't hit on episode #1 that's ok. I'm pretty much just trying to figure out who was listening in '05.

Comments

• Do we win a prize?
  • Do we win a prize?
    No.
  • You mean besides all of the FRC who told you to do it in the first place? :D
  • I started listening on May 5th. So far I'm winning.
  • You mean besides all of the FRC who told you to do it in the first place? :D
    Yes, I specifically excluded the FRC in my post.
  • God, you're going to get so many jerkasses ( like me ) saying:

"No"

:)

I've been going back though, and I'm downloading EVERY EPISODE from 1... Does that count?

...No.
  • Oh mans, I think I started late December 2005 but didn't join the forums until March '06. I think I heard about it on some stupid blog, but I forgot what it was.
  • You mean besides all of the FRC who told you to do it in the first place? :DYes, I specifically excluded the FRC in my post.Then I think Scott, you're going to get a whole lot of No if you exclude the FRC plus Ken and myself. Where you guys even in iTunes with episode 1?
  • edited July 2007
    I think I started shortly before joining the forums. Maybe a month or two before? Don't ask me for an exact date 'cause I went to the School of Scott!
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I started listening in the beginning of 06, so no. It would have been cool, though.
  • edited July 2007
    I have been listening since 11/10/05: Webcomics. Pwnd, n00blets.

Edit: In other news, I'm on a posting rampage today. What's gotten into me?
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • I started listening almost exactly a year ago. I joined the forums a month later.
  • I'm in the FRC and I still haven't heard the first episode.
  • edited July 2007
    I picked it up in May 2006 and joined the forum a couple of months later.

I lost my FRC virginity to GeekNights: 060503 - Paranoia Agent.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Is episode one the one where you guys talk about how hard it is to argue about science?

I could have sworn that I posted this before. Maybe I'm hitting the preview button by mistake . . .

• I could have sworn that I posted this before. Maybe I'm hitting the preview button by mistake . . .
    I could have sworn that you posted exactly like this in another thread.
  • Is episode one the one where you guys talk about how hard it is to argue about science?
    Yes. I think our next episode has to be about why people have such a hard time using our web site.
  • zeehat: Yeah, in the Wii thread. Maybe I'm just careless . . .
  • My first episode was July 31, 2006 - Firefox Extensions. I then listened to the special episodes while you were at Otakon and then in NJ. I have just recently finished listening to the complete archives.
  • edited July 2007
    OMG!!!11
    Scott's voice sounds quite different on Geek Nights. Just the crappy mic? Scott Rubin the Gourmet Geek. What foresight.
    Post edited by mkg12 on
  • My first episode was GeekNights: 060124 - The Milton Bradley Gamemaster Series

I did go back and start at the beginning immediately after hearing that episode.

salamon
  • I'm looking through my iTunes and I can't even recall the first one. They're all strung together for me now...

It was whatever one Scott said something along the lines of how Jews weren't slaves in Egypt because "They were elsewhere, doing other things, not being slaves etc"

God dammit that was brilliant - I laughed my arse off and went to numero uno. I'm subscribed to all 5 feeds now.
  • I'm subscribed to all 5 feeds now.
    All five? You know if you just subscribe to the main feed, you don't need the other four.
  • I started listening at the end of the second week. Seeing six or seven episodes already in the feed, I remember thinking I'd come late to the party...

Also, I joined the forums back when there was only one page of discussions, and I recall it took quite some time for there to be a second one. Then hundreds of you came along and made the place... popular*. Hooray.

*full of awful Pokemon threads
  • edited July 2007
    I first listened to geeknights on the star wars episode.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I began listening in May of 2006. I'm eventually going to send you an audio clip to explain how amazing that summer was on behalf of some circumstances plus Geeknights. Essentially lets just say desk job internship + MuVo player.
  • I remember starting with the Mario Kart episode, though I didn't join the forums until MUCH later.
  • If it counts for anything I started listening in January of this year. And I've gone back and listened to all the backlog since then.
  • I think I started around february of last year, then when I listened to AWO talking about you guys I was like awesome :P , then Rym and Scott were gunned down by Daryl Surat, and the was double the awesome. Now I have seen Daryl gunned down and he will be avenged by someone, maybe not me but wahtever :P