This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Holiday

edited July 2007 in Everything Else
So I haven't been around for a while and you will never guess why. I've been visiting lovely Florida or more specifically the lovely hospital in Port Charlotte where I spent the last week with three blood clots. Two in my lungs and one in my leg. So unfortunately all the advice you gave me about DC and New York has not be able to be put to use. I'm feeling much better now and will tell the full story later.

Comments

• Ick... Feel better!
  • Feel better, sorry to hear that you won't make it up north. NYC is something to be seen.
  • I hope you get better and make the best of it :D. I have never gone to Florida but have a blast :D
  • Thanks, we are now driving up to NYC but I won't be able to spend much time there. I plan on coming back and leaving the hospitals out of my tour. Just a note to anyone travelling get insurance! This has cost US$63,000 and counting, which is all covered. *phew*
  • Just a note to anyone travelling get insurance! This has cost US$63,000 and counting, which is all covered. *phew*
    Yeah, as much as I hate insurance, traveler's insurance is super cheap, and it can super save your ass even if all the shit hits the fan on your trip.
  • Seen SiCKO yet? :/
  • Seen SiCKO yet? :/
    Not yet, don't really think I want to until I'm out of the jurisdiction of the US health system. Although the care I got was really great, of course I could pay for it.
    Just a note to anyone travelling get insurance! This has cost US$63,000 and counting, which is all covered. *phew*
    Yeah, as much as I hate insurance, traveler's insurance is super cheap, and it can super save your ass even if all the shit hits the fan on your trip.
    I went to pay my excess to the hospital yesterday and the woman there said that some of their German patients have to come up with the full amount and the insurance company would reimberse them. What kind of tourist can come up with $60,000 just like that!
  • I'm home, all safe and clot free.