This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Evangelion in a government owned channel! (in Mexico)

edited July 2007 in Everything Else
I know this probably does not interest anyone but me, but I am watching Evangelion on my cable, and its not on the anime channel, because I don't have that one in my plan, but the channel is owned by the government (I live in Mexico by the way) as part of its cultural and arts "division."
I just had to share this with someone, I had never watched Evangelion before and now it's my chance as it's only the second episode, so yay me, and yay Mexico!
Oh and did I mention that it's in Japanese?
Also, I just checked their website and it says that after Evangelion they are going to air "A Tree of Palme", anyone knows this show, I've never heard it before.

Comments

• edited July 2007

Yeah, Evangelion was also on peruvian TV and though even though Peru is very Chatolic, no one seemed to care about it, . I mean anime fans knew about it but there was they were not going OMG EVANGELION IS ON TV! People where like ok, whatever. I do not remember if it was badly poorly edited though.

Post edited by Andrew on
  • Well the episode I saw didn't seem edited at all. I know we do get a lot of anime here in Mexico, but I was surprised because of the channel it was and the fact that it was in japanese, maybe my excitement was a little too mucho hehe.
  • A Tree of Palme is an anime movie from 2002. Think of it as the Japanese Pinocchio. I've heard of it, but I've never seen it. Let me know if it is good.
  • Well,  Scott I have never watch that anime movie but I would say that the original Japanese Pinocchio is Astroboy :P
  • Well, Scott I have never watch that anime movie but I would say that the original Japanese Pinocchio is Astroboy
    I see where you are coming from, but I don't think the story of Testuwan Atom has the same message as the story of Pinocchio.