This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pownce

edited July 2007 in Everything Else
I've got some Pownce invites. I do not know what Pownce is but I think it has something to do with Kevin Rose.

Anyone want an invite?

Comments

• I applied, but haven't been invited yet. Does it work on the Linux?
  • edited July 2007
    I applied, but haven't been invited yet. Does it work on the Linux?
    I'm using it from work (not blocked) with IE but it does have some sort of download component.

The download page says Windows/OSX with Linux in the works.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • edited July 2007
    I'd take an invite off your hands.
    Post edited by cosmicenema on
  • If you want an invite you must supply a valid email address. You will then get 5 invites of your own!
  • I've been half paying attention to Pownce (it's all over Digg. I think one of the guys who made Digg is part of the company or something) and i have to ask... Why should I care?
    It's basically web-based IM with file transfers. There's nothing really new to it.
  • Problem #1 - When I reply I have no idea if it went through. There is no confirmation system in place to let me know if you got my message. Not even a threaded system of replies.
  • Yeah, I'm using it now. It's basically a web-based IM, plus file transfers, plus event invitations, plus Twittr. Because we use Google for domains, most of what Pownce offers is redundant functionality. I'm probably not going to end up using it very much. However, if I did not have Google for domains, I could see myself using Pownce.
  • It looks like Pownce simply does not work under IE (for the most part). I'll have to do more testing when I get home.
  • How large of files can I transfer?
  • edited July 2007
    It looks like Pownce simply does not work under IE (for the most part). I'll have to do more testing when I get home.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people visiting are using firefox.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Steve, I would really appreciate an invite. Email: zeehat@gmail.com

Thanks.
  • I'd like an invite. josh.bebop AT gmail DOT com Thanks
  • Ya know, it might be smarter to just whisper your emails to him, guys.
  • I'd like an invite. josh.bebop AT gmail DOT com Thanks
    There you go. And one for zeehat, too.
  • Thanks and yeah Sail your right I just forgot about the whole whisper feature.

• There you go. And one for zeehat, too.
    Thanks.
  • I wonder if you could use Pownce as a trial host for a podcast? It has file transfer and if you have a Pro account you can send files up to 100 meg. That would cover most podcasts I listen to. Does anyone know if there is a monthly limit on bandwidth?
  • I don't know but I do have 7 more invites!
  • I just checked and I have about 30 more invites, anybody want one?
  • I have 26 invites.
  • I also have teh invites (24 of them).  I have found very little use for it, as all my friends are on Facebook and this doesn't provide any additional functionality that I need.
  • I've 6 invites. I'm not even sure how I got an invite. I never signed up for it, one day there it was though in my inbox.
  • I'd like an invite. My email is in my profile. Thanks to whoever gives me one. ^_^
  • edited November 2007
    I just sent you one.
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Thanks! Now I have 6 too.
  • Can someone send me an invite please :D.
  • No invites needed anymore. ;)
  • No more "next page" link either.