This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hayate no Gotoku!

edited July 2007 in Anime
Is anyone else watching this show?

I started watching it as the fan subs started since from the synopsis on ANN it seemed like it would be a fun show, and I'm starting to realize now that I'm really loving this show. It's great comedy, and really takes itself with a grain of salt. It constantly breaks the fourth wall, and constantly mocks itself and other animes, even mentioning them by name (although usually beeped out partly, which I think adds to the humor.) I think it maybe the best anime I've watched this year.

Comments

• If I had a way to access new anime I would look it up, but alas... I'll make note of it for the future though.
  • It's licensed in the USA so hopefully we'll see it soon.
    That should be interesting... I'm not so sure a dub could be good for this show. The Japanese voice actors are really really good in this show, since there is a lot of variety in dialogue and emotional inclination, and there don't seem to be many American Anime voice actors who can pull that off.
  • I would watch is with the sub . . . I'm not much of a dub person. Don't typically even turn 'em on to try it.
  • If I had a way to access new anime I would look it up
    Can you not access it here?
    Erm.. no it is not. And Hayate was funny for a few episodes but I'm already bored of the parodies and various otaku references. It needs some real plot development.
  • How many episodes did you watch? Because there is definite plot development, its just that the first couple episodes have to setup the large number of side characters and whatnot.
    Erm.. no it is not.
    Sure enough. The Manga is but the show isn't yet. Sorry for the confusion.