This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Old Forgotten Video Games

edited July 2007 in Video Games
So I thought I'd start a thread where people can ask about old games they've forgotten the names of.

I'd like to start by asking about an old NES game. You would pick from a group of characters that may have all been from the same family. You would then take that character and go down into a dungeon and fight some monsters. I think I remember something about a dragon being the final boss but I'm not sure.

Please other people post old forgotten games here too.

Comments

• Lol, that actually sounds like every DnD out there for the NES, what kind of view did it have? 1st person? birds eye view? remember the setting? guns? swords? turn based battles? action RPG like?
  • I forgot the name of a wrestling game on NES, where one of the characters had a mask with a star on it. I remember some of the moves that you do, you get cheers from the crowd. I miss that game. I wonder if it will ever come on the VC.

Overall I miss my NES games and hope they will come on the VC so I can purchase them and play them to no end! Recently I was very excited to get SMB2 & Yoshi on the VC. ^_^
  • Perhaps Kinnikuman Muscle Tag Match? (M.U.S.C.L.E. in english)
    Actually I think it's called Pro-Wrestling. I went on Google and found this:

http://www.nintendocity.com/pictures/nes_cart_scans/ProWrestling.jpg
  • Lol, that actually sounds like every DnD out there for the NES, what kind of view did it have? 1st person? birds eye view? remember the setting? guns? swords? turn based battles? action RPG like?
    I remember it was like a 2-D platformer, but more like Zelda. It had a definite magic theme.
  • Faxanadu?
  • No thats not it. But the gameplay does seem reminiscent of that.
  • not cristalys either right?
  • No. I remember that the game had some kind of store in it and that the "Son" character was the one that was considered the best at beating the game.

Also whenever you wanted a new character you would go back above ground and into a house in a tree and use a hand-like cursor thing to pick a new character...at least I think you use the hand thingy.
  • The game is Legacy of the Wizard. It was an awesome game.
  • Thanks man.
  • Hot damn I forgot how hard this game was....either that or I forgot how to play.
  • edited July 2007
    Hot damn I forgot how hard this game was....either that or I forgot how to play.
    No, the game is hard. It also takes forever to beat.
    Someone forgot to hit the HTML button... -_-
    Post edited by Andrew on
    Actually I think it's called Pro-Wrestling. I went on Google and found this:

http://www.nintendocity.com/pictures/nes_cart_scans/ProWrestling.jpg
    As the resident wrestling geek, it is indeed Pro Wrestling. If you haven't tried it yet, though, and you don't mind emulation, try Tecmo World Wrestling, it's much better, even with the Engrishy commentary.