This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Trolling

edited July 2007 in Everything Else
Just wanted everyones thoughts on trolls and trolling. How do you deal with them? Are there any here? Are you one? When are you one?

I was just thinking I typically look down on anyone that contributes to the internet in any way with little or no point. Random comments that serve no purpose . . . but occasionally I get sto0pid giddy and find myself doing the exact thing.

Comments

• I think trolls are a necessary evil at times, and a harmless laugh at others. Really, if you're so into the internet that you cry when a troll makes fun of you, well...
  • A GeekNights episode on this topic is inevitable. Or so I would hope...
  • I've never understood why people care so much about trolls. Maybe because my day job is adversarial it just doesn't bother me in other parts of my life.
  • edited July 2007
    One word. "Shitcock."

edit: Does shitcock have a hyphen?
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • One word. "Shitcock."

edit: Does shitcock have a hyphen?
    No,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • edited July 2007
    2+ 3 = cats? lol
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I've never understood why people care so much about trolls. Maybe because my day job is adversarial it just doesn't bother me in other parts of my life.
    Take note kids . . . the internet prepares you for real life.
  • Trolls are funny, in moderation. Everyone should have at least one online game where they grief people. I try to make every online game I play as grief-tastic as possible. I'll never be good enough at any game to play it competitively, so the next logical option for me to have fun is to start Starcraft games that say "25 Minutes, No Rush" and them proceed to butt-stuff the other guy's base with an SCV rush.

Anger at trolls is better left in the moment. I'm prone to extraordinary bad spikes of anger that don't really last. That's really the max of what's acceptable about a troll on the interwubs. Anything beyond that, y'know, probably just annoying bitching (which can still be quite cathartic, but whatever).