This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Get next week's GeekNights early.

edited July 2007 in GeekNights
Are you so completely bored that you have absolutely nothing better you could be doing?

GeekNights spoilers:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday (not yet uploaded as of this post)
Thursday (not yet uploaded as of this post)

Comments

• brilliant! I am indeed that bored, and further am not going to be able to listen.
  • OMG! Someone finally figured it out! We're constantly disappointed in how few people realize how this works.
  • I'd rather just listen to them as they come, frankly.
  • You guys did mention how you upload based on auto linking feeds involving the dates in one of the pod-cast way back. ;)
    (Still going through them all. Finished all the Monday nights, working on Tuesdays so no downtime of GN for me. My suggestion is that anyone that is down on their GN fix this vacation week go pick a night you may not normally listen to (or early years you hadn't heard before) and go through those).

GN Archives + Bored = Happy Geek
  • I already knew about this. One notices that kind of thing when one listens to the podcast on an MP3 player.
  • I did it this morning. It's the greatest! I particularly liked the mouse debate.
  • I was half sure whether to do this or not. I don't think geeknights all in one go would be so good though.
    An idea you might want to do if you ever have a show missing would be to post up say 5 old shows that people might not have listened to.
  • OMG! Someone finally figured it out! We're constantly disappointed in how few people realize how this works.
    Lol. It seems though that you guys are withholding the Dave and Joel show, or have it under an unusual name.
  • Wait, Dave and Joel are doing a show? Nowai!
  • Dave and Joel are doing Anime day with MD Geist. You'd likely pick up on it if you listened to either show... Rym had "listened to it twice" and Dave mentioned it at the end of this weeks show :D
  • edited July 2007
    They did MD Geist on their last show of FKFG?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • They did the first in an alleged three-part series on MD Geist, yes.
    You mentioned it last year. I just assumed several of us would have remembered.
  • Ok, I'm getting a 404 on the FKftG episode link on the front page.
  • Ok, I'm getting a 404 on the FKftG episode link on the front page.
    Same here. It shows up on iTunes, but won't let you download it.
  • The link is most definitely broken.
  • Yes, iTunes sees the file but refuses to download it.
  • edited July 2007
    It's not a refusal, if the link's broken iTunes will only get the ID3 info.
    Post edited by Magic on
  • IT'S A TRAP!

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. >_<
  • Damn! Beat me to it!
    KANYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • 404'd!!!! >.<
  • Even the direct download is not working for the FKFTG anime episode...
  • When will this tragedy end?
  • edited July 2007
    When will this tragedy end?
    Once Scrym get off their lazy asses and come back from the "Writer's Retreat."
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Here's a link to a better quality version of Joel's thing (Kanye/Daft Punk):

Stronger

I already saw this, but I thought it was from here. Maybe not.
  • I already saw this, but I thought it was from here. Maybe not.
    It was.
  • That's the problem with recording stuff early. We recorded the show two weeks ago, before the thread about Mr. West existed. So it goes...
  • edited July 2007
    A pwnd is me! Why's it a thing of the day?

EDIT: Aww, simulpost. :(
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • Yeah, so the episode link not working. That's all Rym. He uploaded it to libsyn before we left. However, it must have gone over our Libsyn quota because it got deleted from Libsyn. We tried our best to remotely connect to our home network in order to re-upload the episode. However, Rym's computer yet again thwarts us. The episode will be up late on Sunday when we get back to Beacon. You'll just have to suffer until then. Blame Rym, it's his fault in more ways than one.
  • Why don't Dave and Joel just put up a link on the FKFTG site, and we can just go there to get it?