This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GBA Games

edited July 2007 in Video Games
So yesterday I went and bought a game boy advance. I used to have one, but I lost it. And no, I really didn't want to spend the extra money on the SP or a DS cause the GBA does the only things that I needed. I bought a used Advanced Wars 2 but had to return it 15 minutes later because it didn't work. So my question to you is: what are some really good GBA games? I have only really played Advanced Wars, Pokemon, and Crash Bandicoot: the huge adventure on this system. So I really don't want any real serious games. Just something to have fun with. Suggestions?

Comments

• The SP is superior to the Advance by a mile (backlight and rechargeable batteries ftw!), but I suppose that's your call.

As for GBA games, I recommend Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Advance Wars 2, and Super Robot Wars: Original Generation.

I'll see if I can remember any others.
  • Golden motherfuckin' Sun.

I didn't play 2, but I know Apreche also really dug this game... It's a really solid RPG... Also, the first GBA game I ever bought (Which was one of my first self-game-purchases) will always have a soft spot in my heart, and it's a Dragon Ball Z action RPG of which the name I don't recall, but if you like(d) DBZ, it's a solid few hours of cheap fun. :)

Does anyone know of a Canadian retailer where I can aquire older GBA games? I could also use some recommendations.
  • where I can aquire older GBA games?
    Flash drives and Roms.
  • If I understood how to do all that good stuff, I'd likely give it a try. I would likely buy a new DS so this one could be an experiment/ emulation machine.
  • A good GBA game is "Drill Dozer". Platformer with a really satisfying feel to it where you press one of the shoulder buttons to drill which speeds up and you have to gear up at just the right time and you get more power.
  • Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland was enjoyable. Also, I can second Fire Emblem. I really love Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, too.
  • So THAT's what I forgot! The FF games!

Get Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Final Fantasy 4.

FF5 and 6 are avalable for the GBA, but I haven't played them, so I can't recommend them.
  • Super Robot Wars is most fun :D
  • SRW is Fire Emblem with robots . . . and not as good.
  • The Mario RPG, Superstar Saga, was decent fun. Very much tongue-in-cheek humour. ;D Tales of Phantasia was a decent game in its original form and I believe it's had a GBA remake since then, so that might be worth looking at?

I also second FFTA. :B And Fire Emblem.

Actually, we've kind of had this thread already: There's some good suggestions here already.
  • Oh. Wow. Sorry for being such a noob that I started another thread. I really didn't think that it would have been covered yet. lol! This is the geeknights forums though. Tee Hee! But thanks for the suggestions.
  • The search here is really good, but it'd be a bit tough to find "GBA Games" in such a specific topic as this, I would imaging. Who knows, I didn't actually look, I could be lying.