This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Disney = Joke of the Century

edited July 2007 in Video Games
The video says it all...
This is HILARIOUS
How do you fuck up a conference this bad? This is EMBARASSING

Comments

• Come on guys! You can do it! It's not hard!

I hope someone releases a video of this without all the edits so we can see the awkward silences in their full glory.
  • It's for fucking High School Musical for Christ-sake! That movie was complete and utter ASS! No geek would want to watch that movie! Why would they even make games for it? Why even show it at E3 where no fan of the movie would see the announcement? Bad move Disney.
    For the record, I like Disney. I grew up watching all of their movies, watching the old shorts, the afternoon cartoon block, and going to the theme parks. I still love Disney, but I realize that the majority of their new movies were complete and utter shit. Hopefully John Lasseter can bring back good movies for them.
  • High School Musical isn't that bad, I've watched it. The music is good to very good. And there is a good story in there, its just not really executed well. Given the plot and characters, if rewritten it could have been a much better and far more compelling story, but unfortunately it seems like there is just a lot of stuff missing from the actual movie.
  • Given the plot and characters, if rewritten it could have been a much better and far more compelling story, but unfortunately it seems like there is just a lot of stuff missing from the actual movie.
    Sadly we cannot judge movies based on their potential . . . which makes this a poor excuse for a movie and an even poorer excuse for a video game.
  • edited July 2007
    That movie was complete and utter ASS!
    I liked it. I thought the story was better than most crud on television. It's was a positive story, which isn't often the case with shows aimed at the teenage set. Sure... on paper it isn't anything special or new. For some reason, though, it has been wildly successful.

And while you may not have liked it, Disney has reaped an estimated $1 billion in profits from the movie. So I think their judgment was a little better than your in this case.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • I always thought this was the joke of the century.

• Turns out the "volunteers" were actors from the film...

Bravo on the clip WiP! I love that sketch.
  •  You fail me yet again Disney! :(
  • edited July 2007
    High School Musical is a bit shit. Last year, my school choir decided to put on a production of it for our Pops Concert. The story is bland and unimaginative, the singing is 'poppish', and the music itself leaves much to be desired. The are much better musicals by Disney out there.

EDIT: Wow..that joke was great. I nearly died laughing.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I can't believe that the movie got so popular. They already have a High School Musical concert, ice show, and a fucking Broadway adaptation! Why does this shitty movie have a Broadway adaptation, but good Disney movies like Aladdin not have a Broadway adaptation?