This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Series One T-Shirts (Official Thread)

Comments

• I couldn't agree more with the American Apparel suggestion. The quality is very high, and it has a nice spin factor since they are actually made in the US without it being a sweat shop situation. I am pretty hard core capitalist, but its good to put Americans to work.
  • edited August 2007
    I would like to vote for a t-shirt blacker than the blackest black, times infinity.
    We need it to be as black as Hotblack Desiato Stuntship (of the group Disaster Area):
    The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.
    "Your eyes just slide off it ..." said Ford in wonder.
    -Douglas Adams, Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Post edited by Tasel on
  • I would like to vote for a t-shirt blacker than the blackest black, times infinity.
    We need it to be as black as Hotblack Desiato Stuntship (of the group Disaster Area):
    The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.
    "Your eyes just slide off it ..." said Ford in wonder.
    -Douglas Adams, Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    I second the motion.

Really, though, it doesn't matter, so long as it's not some garish shade of yellow or purple. If not black, then a light or dark blue would be nice. I also agree with multiple style options, even though I'd probably stick to a plain old t-shirt at first.
  • For some reason I picture Gray with blue writing but whatever...as long as the wittiness is witty enough it doesn't matter to me. As for the wittiness...I rather like the "Get the hell off my internets." but not quite as much as the "You can't _____ 10 _____." That's WTFarrific! to quote mitchyD.
  • I wouldn't suggest screen printing your own T-shirts. I do it myself and it takes a while to make quality wares.
  • Black t-shirts are low-class. Baseball t-shirts are the way to go.

THANK YOU

Also, I'd buy GeekNights Mousepads, and more!
  • Get the hell off my internets.
    I think it would be better if it was "Get teh hell off my internets."
  • I would like to vote for a t-shirt blacker than the blackest black, times infinity.
    Oh ho ho, you mean fuligin?
  • Get the hell off my internets.
    I think it would be better if it was "Get teh hell off my internets."
    I like this better too.
  • I personally would wear just about any color, unless it was some ugly purple or yellow, as Rooster said.

Also, I think something was mentioned a while back about a shirt where you could write in your own words for the "You can't ____ 10 ____!", Like a Mad Libs shirt. The only problem is, these would probably cost quite a bit. That is, unless you can figure out how Thinkgeek did their shirt for $17-$19, making a profit.
  • Not an utlra-plug, but one nontheless, the fellows over at Achewood have a fantastic printing set up for their apparel. The fabric is of high quality, and, more importantly, the shade of warm gray (pictured to the right) is a pretty decent alternative to just a harsh black.
  • How about the last few pages of sanctuary stylized a bit and the words replaced with "Warm today" / "Warm yesterday" / "Even warmer today"...
  • I like to see some printed on ringer tees...
  • I am a big fan of ringer tees as well. The will be way easier for my wife to get behind! ^_-
  • I personally hate ringer shirts.All I want is a well made shirt with a logo that doesn't crack over time and make the shirt all but unwearable in public.
  • Ringer Tees are great! If you cut off the sleeves of a baseball shirt, you've got a ringer! WIN WIN!
  • Wow, a proper shirt in deep blue with Geeknights above the pocket and a list like "Mondays - Science and computing" going down below the pocket.
  • I really dislike the white shirts, they're too easy to ruin. My only gripe with American Apparel shirts is that they all seem to be of the slim fit variety. Tagless would be nice, but not a necessity. I'd prefer screen printing rather than heat transfers. Also, I wouldn't mind if you guys made money off of these; you have provided, quite literally, hundreds of hours of free entertainment.
  • Wow, a proper shirt in deep blue with Geeknights above the pocket and a list like "Mondays - Science and computing" going down below the pocket.
    That'd be a good back of the T shirt.
  • Not an utlra-plug, but one nontheless, the fellows over atAchewoodhave a fantastic printing set up for their apparel. The fabric is of high quality, and, more importantly, the shade of warm gray (pictured to the right) is a pretty decent alternative to just a harsh black.
    OOOOOH, I LIKE that shade of gray...
  • Maybe we could consider someplace that will get XLTs for the tall folks? I hate ill fitting t-shirts.
  • Maybe we could consider someplace that will get XLTs for the tall folks? I hate ill fitting t-shirts.
    Here's the issue. There are two different ways to get custom swag.

First way is we can print a bunch of printed shirts in advance. This costs a lot of money initially for us, but the individual price per shirt is low. We can sell these shirts at low prices to you, give them away at conventions, use them as prizes, etc. However, it is very difficult to get weird things in this batch of shirts. Baby doll shirts, as well as extremely large or extremely small sizes are not going to be easy. There just isn't enough demand for those compared to normal S, M, L, and XML shirts for it to be economically feasible to have them pre-printed. Every weird shirt we get is one less normal shirt, and if we end up holding on to too many weird shirts nobody wants, that is bad news.

The other way to print shirts is on demand. The problem with on demand printing is that the quality is typically lower and the price is usually higher. However, the advantage is that you can get any weird size or shape of shirt you want. You can even get things which are not shirts. This on demand printing is what cafe press does.

Our current plans involve some combination of pre-ordered and on-demand printing. We will likely take pre-orders for and print one or two designs. We will also try to setup some sort of on-demand shop for some more generic, geeknights-specific designs that we don't think will sell well at conventions and such. We have actually been working on this, no joke, and I can pretty much guarantee we will have swag available by December for the New York Anime Festival and the holiday season.
  • We've got a hot artist working on the first two designs as we speak. ^_^
  • I am looking forward to seeing what you guys some up with.
  • edited August 2007
    We've got a hot artist working on the first two designs as we speak. ^_^

A hot artist as in they're 'big in the scene,' or as in "I'd hit it?"
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Have you guys considered asking the Geeklabel guys if they're interested? They could probably give you a decent deal, and the quality is top notch.
  • We've got a hot artist working on the first two designs as we speak. ^_^

Am I wrong in assuming that it's Aido?
  • Am I wrong in assuming that it's Aido?
    I was also thinking Aido or Hawk from AG.
  • edited August 2007
    not black, like all anime shirts, use high quality silk screen printing, I sick of those damn iron on crap that the school basket ball fan shirts. People were pissed because they come off in only a few washing. Make the shirt available online or come out to Anime Central '08.

Oh! please not grey color and heavy wieght cotton. I have enough grey shirts and heavy weight cotton makes me feel weird and fat, plus it dosn't breath well.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • I think CafePress is a good way to go. They put the actual image on, rather than being like a screenprinting process (where the more colours you have, the more time and money it'll be).. but I've heard that it's not that good of quality. However, this way you rarely have to deal with it, any money made is sent to you in a check, and you can always buy stuff using 'cafepoints' or whatever they call it before they convert it and send it back.

Maybe you could talk to Megatokyo creators (I cannot, for the life of me, remember his name..) about what they use as a supplier person? and ask other popular things - mostly webcomics - who have stores like that. I know Snafu comics do their own shirts, but otherwise, no idea.

Unfortunately, I can't really offer any actual reviews - just the stuff I've heard or read - because I can't buy anything online, due to the none-credit-cardness. *shrugs*