This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bad feed item

edited April 2006 in GeekNights
Monday's show doesn't have the Mp3 link embedded in it. My pod-catcher isn't grabbing it.

Comments

• Damnit! Libsyn screwed up so Wordpress didn't generate the enclosure. That means that feedburner didn't pick up the enclosure from WordPress. I can't find a way to get Wordpress to regenerate the feed properly. Working on it.
  • fixed it. got damn!
  • Libsyn has its issues. I await a worthy competitor to whom I would rather give my money. We're using them at best as a stop-gap solution to our growing bandwidth and storage concerns.
  • Ah, what happiness I recieve from seeing happy slappers bleeding.
  • Yeah, guess what, it happened again. No mp3 in the feed.
  • @#(*&$^#$(*%&#$%
  • Seriously, you guys are fired. I want my money back.
  • Direct your complaints to shit-ass libsyn. This never happened when we hosted the files on our own server. I think what happens is when we click "publish" in WordPress it checks to see if there are any mp3 links. If it finds any it looks to see if they are real links. Because libsyn is crappy those links sometimes 404. Therefore WordPress to not create the enclosure. I must then create the enclosure myself, manually. At least that's the current theory. I'll just have to get into a habit of checking every single night.
  • A quick googling came up with this. Seems to describe the problem.
  • Oooooooooh. So obvious. I'll test that tonight. The problem here is that we want the enclosure to point to the redirect, not to the file behind it. Libsyn likes to move files around, and the redirect is the only way to make links to our mp3s that always work.
  • I never had a problem getting the podcasts via iTunes.
  • The problem is not on the listener's end. It's the interaction between Libsyn and Wordpress that's screwed up.
  • You'd only see the problem if you tried to listen immediately after we'd uploaded via iTunes if the problem had occurred and before we'd fixed it. ^_~
  • Gotcha. I don't listen til the next day at work.
  • I love the way you guys have a problem and can't fix it, then somebody googles it and comes up with a result right after you two talk about using google to find results for people problems.
  • Hey, I knew what the problem was, and I had a fix for it. I just was informing everyone about it.
  • Yeah, that had occured to me, it was just that it happenned again, and then you said it was 'so obvious' after the google post. Meh. Maybe I'm too tired to be reading tonight.
  • Oh shits, yeah. Time zones. It's noon here!