This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geometry Wars Galaxy comes to DS and Wii...

edited August 2007 in Video Games
...and picks an awesome song for the trailer, but then totally ruins it by not using the original version and instead using a god-awful cover.

Comments

• Damn, they should have used the original. However, it is still likely I will get that game for either Wii or DS at some point.
  • AbZAbZ
    edited August 2007
    I don't own a Wii yet so I will probably get the ds version.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • They have the original version on Steam.
  • It's only coming out for the Wii and the Wii version allows you to download it to the DS. The Wii and DS version was shown on 1up and neither one controlled well. The DS one does control better than the Wii one though. Oh, and the game is going to be $50, what a ripoff.
  • Or maybe the guys at 1up suck? I believe GameSpot and IGN featured the game, and it played well.
  • Actually the developers demonstrated it at first and they had trouble too.
  • Well, that's unfortunate...but I watched the GameSpot and IGN coverage of it, and the developers had no problems demonstrating the game.
  • I'll check it out because I would love to play a good controlling Geometry Wars on the DS.
  • I own the Steam version but I would have to see the final build before I purchase the Wii version. It depends on how the developers adjust the motion sensitivity. And about the Wii version: didn't the 1Up Show segment show different boards and other add-ins? Couldn't they have left the standard GW formula alone and reduce the price (especially since the Steam version is $3.95)?
  • Darn them! That's a horrible cover. Though the game looks nice... ...let's hope the cover's not in the game.
  • It's only coming out for the Wii and the Wii version allows you to download it to the DS. The Wii and DS version was shown on 1up and neither one controlled well. The DS one does control better than the Wii one though. Oh, and the game is going to be $50, what a ripoff.
    There's a picture of a DS version, box and all, in the trailer...