This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokémon Battle Revolution

edited August 2007 in Video Games
Was going through the Wii website looking at different things, and ran across the page for Pokémon Battle Revolution. The game mechanic that caught my eye was that you can use up to 4 DS's with either Pearl or Diamond to actually play the game (granted I don't have a DS). I thought at first it was using the DS as saved characters like the game cube version, but you actually are playing wirelessly from them. Anyone actually have both a DS and Pokémon Battle Revolution? Any thoughts?
(Another nice thing is that it lets you have internet battles as well)

Pokémon Battle Revolution Site and the Video of the DS sync and play.

Comments

• I think I had a pokegasm.
  • Pretty sure that HMTKSteve has 'em. I'm sure he'll chime in soon enough ^_~
  • Yes, I will chime in here!

When you play the game you can copy your entire box system into one of the four save games on PBR. You don't lose any Pokemon by doing this as it just copies them.

When playing with the Wii-mote single player it is all point and click. When playing multi-player it is control pad based which can get confusing in battle when picking a target because two Pokemon may be mapped to the same button.

When using the DS as your controller you use the touch screen to select moves just as you do when battling in the DS game. The major benefit is that your opponent does not see everything you have. When you play with Wii-motes all your options are on the TV screen, this leaves no room for surprises in battle.

The Internet battles are good but random. You do not know if you will get a kid with a well rounded team of good Pokemon or a kid with Mewtwo, Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza, etc... You can enter in friend codes (just like DS wi-fi) and battle friends.

Also, when you beat someone in an Internet battle you can download their trainer card and battle their team in offline play. This is very good on the off chance you battle someone with a very creative team.

I know I reviewed these things on hmtk.com but I might have moved the article to pokefarm.com...