This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Catan or Carcassone

edited August 2007 in Video Games
I have 820 points to spend and I'm debating on buying Catan or Carcassone, my question is which is bigger online and which game do you think has a longer lasting appeal?

Edit: This is for XBOX live arcade

Comments

• Buy more points get both.
  • I would go with Settlers if I were newish into boardgaming and had to choose.  Settlers is possibly the perfect intro-level German style game, and despite how much we rag on it, it's a fantastic game for a long time before you solve it and move on.
  • As far as I have seen they are both have the same population online. Sadly this is relatively small. They are pretty equal as far as games go. I would say whichever game you like more in the physical form you will enjoy more in the digital form.
  • Carcassonne is fun quick and easy, but good luck finding a multiplayer match.
  • Basically here is how I think you can choose, if you have friends who will want to play the game with you offline go with Carcassonne. Otherwise go with Catan.
  • edited August 2007
    Catan lasts longer game-time wise, but I've played more Carcassonne because it's short games. Kiey decided to absolutely rape me the one time I hopped online  :(
    Post edited by MitchyD on
  • I love Carcassonne. Very simple to learn and quite fun once you figure it out.
  • I made my bf get Catan last night and finally played it. I found it very enjoyable. It's funny when you play the computer because when you trade with them, they'll give you whatever you want. I'm sure when it gets harder or when I play online, things will be more difficult. I'll have to check out the online play sometime.
  • Catan lasts longer game-time wise, but I've played more Carcassonne because it's short games. Kiey decided to absolutely rape me the one time I hopped online :(

Didn't I crush you once as well? ~_^