This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I beat Scott in Defcon today...

edited August 2007 in Video Games
This was the outcome:

Comments

• Scott is the source of all the suffering in the world. And this picture proves it.
  • edited August 2007
    Ive heard about Defcon. Any good?
    Just listened to the geeknight about it and seems pretty good.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • There is a demo version of it you can download through Steam. At least there should be, I downloaded it a long time ago. I found the game just a tad too creepy for my tastes.
  • It's a game I haven't played very many times. THis was the second time I had played it in many months.
  • edited August 2007
    I find a game where the score is measured in megadeaths to be both intriguing and at the same time worrying. Also, anyone tried the linux version? I've had pretty rotten luck getting games to run in linux.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I find a game where the score is measured in megadeaths to be both intriguing and at the same time worrying. Also, anyone tried the linux version? I've had pretty rotten luck getting games to run in linux.
    In my experience, the Linux versions of games released by Introversion software work really well. You just follow the instructions to install and play. My problem is that I've already bought the games on Steam. I just e-mailed them to ask if I can get the Linux versions without having to rebuy the games.
  • edited August 2007
    Does anyone know if the linux version can play against the Windows or OSX version? If so, I've only downloaded the demo on Steam, and I would gladly buy the full version for my linux computer.

[Edit] My research says that they appear to be compatible. Also, a trip to the IV website reveals that they are making a multiplayer version of Darwinia. Awesome.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'm pretty bad a Defcon, but I enjoy it nonetheless.