This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Congrats on the Nominations for Geek Nights

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
I was scanning the list of nominees for the Parsec Awards and saw that Geek Nights is up for two awards:
Best Anime Podcast
Best Tech Podcast

Awesome.

Here is the entire list: http://www.parsecawards.com/2007Finalists

Colin

Comments

• Geek Nights is only up for Anime, I think that you misread the tech nominee Geek News Central as Geek Nights.
  • I'm actually surprised that they responded, they had to return a a 10 minute clip as a submission.
  • Pretty much all of the "podcasting awards" are fake/useless/silly.  While I have substantial doubts about even these, they're more "legitimate" than anything else out there at the moment.
    Believe me, if it had taken any more effort than submitting a single short clip, we wouldn't have bothered. ^_~
  • edited August 2007
    The only purpose I see to these awards is the off chance that they will somehow bring in more listeners. The judges are a bunch of DragonCon people, and I couldn't care less about what they think is a good podcast. Also, the awards focus mostly on speculative fiction podcasts, which we are definitely not. However, you can bet that I'll be listening to the podcasts that win and passing some judgment of my own in classic GeekNights fashion.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • However, you can bet that I'll be listening to the podcasts that win and passing some judgment of my own in classic GeekNights fashion.
    You just proved the usefulness of the nomination/winning of the awards. Free publicity.
  • However, you can bet that I'll be listening to the podcasts that win and passing some judgment of my own in classic GeekNights fashion.
    I'm looking forward to it . . .
  • Would be funny if you took part in most of the contests and didn't bother to say anything about them or how well it went, that would be a statement.
  • Would be funny if you took part in most of the contests and didn't bother to say anything about them or how well it went, that would be a statement.
    We didn't say anything about this. It's you people.
  • Well, I hope Geeknights win for Best Tech Podcast :P
  • Doh! My bad. As Maxwell Smart would say, "Sorry about that, Chief."

I hope the nomination brings you lots of new listeners.
  • edited August 2007
    I'd vote for you guys!! (Even though I don't listen to the anime show)

....Did I just say that out loud?!? (looks wearily for stone throwers)

ahem
    But your other ones are great...Really!
    Post edited by bodtchboy on
  • edited August 2007
    Well, I meant that you should do that.
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • ....Did I just say that out loud?!? (looks wearily for stone throwers)
    *Has a large stone in hand* Lol just kidding.

I'd vote for you guys too. Plus I'm also looking forward to some judgement Geeknights style.
  • So I hope if Rym and Scott do win the award they will give a talk about how Awards are BS. That would be great.
  • We will see what they do. They won.
  • Oooo, they beat out AWO. Dayrl Surat is going to be pissed...
  • Even though this won't go to Rym & Scott's collective head will the say something about this like change the closer to say "Wednesdays are the award-winning anime, manga, and comic night."
    I just hope that Rym doesn't try anything Romanesque and take his victory right to force himself on Surat. I've got the feeling that Rym would like to have Daryl's love child.
  • edited September 2007
    I think it was either on TWiT or Geeknights about someone who made a fake program just to see how many awards it could get and it got 13 just for being a txt file with This program does nothing
    This program does nothing
    This program does nothing
    so this gives me the idea of making a fake podcast just to win awards with a few hundred fake episodes.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    I just hope that Rym doesn't try anything Romanesque and take his victory right to force himself on Surat. I've got the feeling that Rym would like to have Daryl's love child.
    . . . Wait what?!
  • edited September 2007
    I was hoping for AWO to win but congratulations guys :P
    Post edited by Rym on
    I think he's more pissed about this.
  • edited September 2007
    Oooo, they beat out AWO. Dayrl Surat is going to be pissed...

I think he's more pissed aboutthis.

Speaking of Wiki, this is new...
    Post edited by Neito on

I think he's more pissed aboutthis.

Speaking of Wiki,this is new...
    Really that's new. I thought it was always there.