This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070816 - Candy

RymRym
edited August 2007 in Everything Else
Tonight on GeekNights: Candy. In the news, LA Homicide Maps and rowdy airline passengers/victims.
Scott's Thing - Polar Rose

Rym's Thing - Shock Prank

Comments

• Rowdy airline passengers/victims link broken.
  • I'm going to take a wild guess: Scott doesn't eat candy. He doesn't like the way it tastes in his mouth. He makes fun of Rym, who likes weird candies that nobody else likes, yet he insists are better (ALTERNATE: He makes fun of Rym for just liking the aesthetic of candy and not really liking candy, or some such nonsense).
  • Did they make a Charlie: Candy Mountain reference when they first introduced the candy section?
    If so awesome
  • Scott can die in a fire; Tootsie pops are awesome.
  • Scott can die in a fire; Tootsie pops are awesome.
    Hot shit! I was gonna say Scott will flame Tootsie pops/ rolls.
  • Hot shit! I was gonna say Scott will flame Tootsie pops/ rolls.
    Rolls good, pops bad.
  • Oh you suck, Scott. Tootsie Pops are thew win!
  • I though you guys were going to talk about this Candy

for more info about this Candy

imagefor more info about thisCandy
    Dunno about people at the US, but I can really tell you were raised in a Latin American country, all the animes you've mentioned, I've grown up with, Candy Candy not being a stranger on the list.
  • Yeah, we got the best stuff from both worlds, we got some good american cartoons and we also got awesome anime :D
  • Airline BS: I've been stuck on planes for a long time . . . and my DS numbs my urge to get rowdy. Well . . . that and I'm usually stuck there for work which means I'm stuck anyway.
  • An entire discussion of candy without talk of sweedish fish or skittles? Blasphemy.
  • Peeps: Worst. Candy. Ever.
  • Tootsie pops are awesome.

Word to that. Fuck yeah.
  • edited August 2007
    Bubbilicious Wild Strawberry is the best bubble gum. You didn't mention Beemans or LemonHeads. How about Horehounds?

What about Pop Rocks? Has anyone tried them with Coke?

I was on the Quiz Bowl team in HS too! You should do a Thrusday Show on Quiz Bowl!
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I can't stand any of the Bubbilicious gum at all. It's just too chewy and too much to put in your mouth at once, and the flavor goes bad too quickly. I prefer eclipse in the spearmint variety.

• What about Pop Rocks? Has anyone tried them with Coke?
    Yeah I did about a month ago. My friends and I remembered that urban legend so I did it. I didn't explode but I burped so much in one day it was ricdiculous!
    I was on the Quiz Bowl team in HS too! You should do a Thrusday Show on Quiz Bowl!
    A GEEK QUIZ BOWL!

Really! Me too! What hilarious is i'm not UP THERE in smarts but because D.C. public high schools in the ghetto are so dumbed down lower than high school a usual C+ or B student like me be on the team. WTF.
  • Only Rym and Scott can put out an episode on candy and make it entertaining.

• A GEEK QUIZ BOWL!
    Actually, this would be a good idea for a Skype show or maybe even a series of Skype shows. We could even have teams and brackets - but please, no anime questions; or, at the very least, don't let it degenerate into an anime only game. Keep traditional academic categories like Math, Science, Literature, History, and so forth.

It might even work as a forum game, but there would have to be an honor rule about no Wikipedia cheating and such.
  • Sounds cool hungryjoe. It would be nice to have those educated knowledge questions but there could be anime, manga, comics, sci-fi in there. The thing is to have a balance of things.

It's sorta like asking how did Ranma's gender changing ability originate and then asking some about a R.A. Salvatore book.
  • Fuck you Scott, Reese's Pieces are delicious.  God damn they taste good.

for more info about thisCandy
    That is one EXTREMELY rare/unknown anime. I know a handful of people who knows about this in the US.

And Scott, I Megaton Hammer you across the face for not liking coconuts and Necco wafers!
  • Fuck you Scott, Reese's Pieces are delicious. God damn they taste good.

Ever had Reese's Pieces with the peanut in the middle? Goddamn.
  • edited August 2007
    I was hoping you were going to talk about that movie from the late 60/70s where the naive young girl gets 'comically' raped by Ringo Star, Richard Burton, Walter Mathow, and Marlon Brando, all in a whimsical PG-13 way.

More on topic, Hydrox is the worst name for a cookie ever. Caremello (sp) bars FTW. When I was in elementary school and we had to raise money by selling those white cardboard suitcases of candy, I would always eat all 15 out of the box, and then at the end of the drive I would have to scrape up 15 bucks, which can be hard when you are 9 (in the late 80's).
    Post edited by Suto on
  • Tootsie pops rock! Oh, and nothing on Juicy Fruit?
  • Yeah, I noticed that too. Juicy Fruit ftw! HungryJoe was right, however, about the best gum ever...

And I can't believe you guys hated Warheads. Man, those things were the BEST. They are a great way of determining somebody's power level (and the watermelon ones taste great too! Ph33r teh black cherry, tho).
  • I noticed today that every link - News and Things of the Day - is broken with age. Netrot is real.
  • Yep. Permalink is a misnomer.