This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ubuntu iPod.

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
I recently installed Ubuntu, got it up and running absolutely perfectly. I love it. I dual-boot it with XP. I am trying to find solutions to everything, in Ubuntu, so I can use Windows as little as possible. I love the whole idea of open-source, and I love how Linux works. That is why I want to use Ubuntu as much as I can. Now on to the question: What do you use, to manage your iPod files in Linux? My primary reason for this, is so I can stay in Ubuntu, to download my Podcasts, and upload them to my iPod; instead of booting in Windows. This would be a major time saver. I have read the Ubuntu forums, and know many of the applications I can use, but I would like to know what you guys use. Especially Linux pro's, whose opinions weigh heavily on my decisions. If it matters anything, I have a 5th gen. 30 gig iPod video.

Thanks.

Comments

• Dang . . . I thought this was going to be about installing Ubuntu on an iPod . . . now I'm disappointed.
  • No, for that you use iPod Linux. It's really easy to install and use. It's just not stable for 5G yet. I installed it on an old 4G iPod, which I don't use.
  • I installed Ubuntu for a friend, and RhythmBox seemed to work fine.
  • Amarok has a good built in iPod handler as do most audio players on linux. Make sure you install libipod though.
  • No, for that you use iPod Linux. It's really easy to install and use. It's just not stable for 5G yet. I installed it on an old 4G iPod, which I don't use.
    Yeah, I have an iPod nano and installed iPod Linux on it a year or so back. It was really cool but it wasn't as streamlined in terms of good audio and video play. I wonder if the software's gotten better since I tried it last.
  • I agree with Amarok if all you want is Podcast sync.