This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Darwiin-remote for TV MacMini

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
I remember Rym and Scott discussing using a Wii remote with their mac mini. WellI did some searching since I have my Mac Mini and Wii both connected to the same TV. Turns out darwiin-remote has come a long way from version 0.1. They're up to ver .5 now and it supports nun-chucks, the IR sensor bar (which allows for point instead of tilting action), controls over sensitivity and they even released the framework so people who can actually code can integrate it into their own software. More info over at sourceforge.net. I will post my own reaction once I upgrade from version .1

Comments

• edited August 2007
    So basically, two bits of suggestion.
    First one is really obvious. Unless you have a TV large enough to properly support a computer screen to be viewed from far away... it can be difficult.
    The other is don't expect to double tap things. It's quite difficult to double click on pretty much anything.

That being said, it works quite nicely. It acts as you would expect a pointer remote, just like it does on the Wii Main Menu. As a mouse it works great. I have left and right click, pretty responsive, and lots of programmable options. As I stated before though, it's incredibly hard to double click. Any one who's tried it have any suggestions how to double click easily?
    Post edited by Tasel on