This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games that should be online

edited August 2007 in Video Games
I'm not talking PC games, because of what little I know about them tells me almost all of them are.

I'm talking console. You know, some Mario, or... Zelda. Ok, I have no better examples, but whatever!

I was thinking about this when playing Mario Tennis today (on the N64, btw). I just thought of how cool it would be to play Mario Tennis against people from around the world! And then that got me thinking... why not make a list of games that would be even better online!

But, my knowledge of console games is lacking, so, I wanted some help making this list.

I'll start with mine...

* Mario Tennis
* Metriod Prime
* Any Smash Bros. game (isn't it rumored in Brawl?)
* (Just for fun) Pokemon Snap
* (Again, just for fun) Mario Paint or any of the related games on the N64.

So, what would yours be?

Comments

• F-Zero
    I've never "really" played any F-Zero game... are they good?
  • Castlevania. There's limited wifi support in Portrait of Ruin, but it's not enough.
  • Excitebike on the Virtual Console. Or Doom 2, if they'd actually rewrite the multiplayer and integrate it through Steam.
  • edited August 2007
    Halo. I only point it out because it was a gross mis-calculation from the game that made the Xbox.
    Post edited by cosmicenema on
  • F-Zero
    I've never "really" played any F-Zero game... are they good?
    Get F-Zero GX for the Gamecube. It's of sufficient difficulty that you could spend at least a year of your gaming life dedicated solely to beating it fully. It's also totally awesome.
  • Pokemon.
    I thought it was...
  • I want it to be the way that Rym and Scott discussed, a MMORPG.
  • * (Again, just for fun) Mario Paint or any of the related games on the N64.
    Since when was there a Mario Paint for the N64?
  • Metroid Prime III.

They are saying it's going to be the best console FPS ever yet there is not even a home multi-player mode. They are also saying this is the last Prime game.

I don't know... Maybe they are waiting to release an online, multi-player centric version a year from now.
  • They are saying it's going to be the second best console FPS ever behind Bioshock
  • Metroid Prime isn't really an FPS in the same way that Wolfenstein 3D isn't an FPS.
  • Dead Rising.
  • Extreme Ironing and Mario Does American Taxes 64
  • I'm sensing a very pro-Nintendo crowd here. Uh-oh.
  • edited August 2007
    * (Again, just for fun) Mario Paint or any of the related games on the N64.
    Since when was there a Mario Paint for the N64?
    There wasn't, but there was something like it... it was on it's Disk Drive, that thing only in Japan. Like Sim City for the N64 (I think).
    I'm sensing a very pro-Nintendo crowd here. Uh-oh.
    I'm just saying Nintendo because the only console my dad has in his apartment is an N64.

Oh, what about Star Fox?
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • Any rpg for the PSP. I mean a actual real time game, not a php one.

The PSP can connect to Networks, good hardware and native support for game updates, doesn't that sound good for a mmorpg? Most major cities have many free WLan Access points. But the network card could be a bottle neck :/
  • Katamari Damacy.

Just imagine the awesomeness...
  • Katamari Damacy.

Again, never played.
    I don't even understand what it's about.

Man, I need to play more games...
  • How about co-op for BioShock?
  • edited August 2007
    Katamari Damacy.

Again, never played.

Imagine you are a ball of super-glue in a land of small to large objects (you can only pick up objects half your size or less) waiting to be rolled up. Thats the whole game, and it is crazy awesome fun.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Katamari Damacy.

Again, never played.

Imagine you are a ball of super-glue in a land of small to large objects (you can only pick up objects half your size or less) waiting to be rolled up. Thats the whole game, and it is crazy awesome fun.
    Online play with a game like that would be loads of fun!!!
  • Pokemon already is an MMORPG. It has the same gameplay. It just doesn't have a central server. If it did, that would be even better. If that all worked on the existing DS platform, *way* even better. If you could just pay a monthly fee to get new Pokemon rather than a buy a new game every couple months...oh, wait, that's horrible, horrible, horrible. Forget I said it. Six of one is NEVAR a half dozen of the other.

Oh, also, Nintendo rules.
  • You know what could make Pokemon even better?

Custom characters. Make your own PKMN Trainer. That would be awesome.
  • That sounds like a great idea for a new thread. Draw and post your own Pokemon trainer!
  • I'd like to be able to create my own Pokemon.