This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Importing Japanese Wii/Gamecube Games

With the list of new Wii games expanding, there is already a difference between the Japanese list and the American list. In particular, 'GUNDAM MS Front 0079' for the Wii. However, While searching for online retailers that offer the game, I stubbled across 2 ebay bidders who say that the game is "Currently ONLY compatible with Japanese version of Nintendo Wii." Upon this discovery I was, put simple disappointed and pissed off.

This is obviously due to the fact that Nintendo japan and/or Bandi doesn't want consumers reimporting the game from other countries, etc.

as far as I can see, the game will not hit U.S. stores (Bandai America thinks Gundam is dead to the western world). So is there any way that I can get around this block or will I have too sell my current Wii to a friend and buy/import a Japanese Wii just to play this game as well as others.

So lay on the answers and the help

Comments

• There is chipping... but i dont want to risk saying any more than that regarding the subject.

You could try buying a Jp Wii, but you cant play US games on it.