This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Brain Age 2

edited August 2007 in Video Games
So has anyone else picked up this game? What do you think of it so far?

As for myself, I am enjoying it more-so than the first. I haven't unlocked many daily training games because you are limited to unlocking games on a day to day basis. I like the new voice recognition game of Paper, Rock, Scissors, although I wouldn't mind having the old Color one back. As for the new daily training games I have unlocked so far:

Sign Finder: Awesome. I love math games. This time you have to input the sign of either +, -, X, or / to finish the equation.
Piano Player: Very fun. Incorporating reading music along with playing the piano, although with only a stylus, is quite enjoyable.
Word Scramble: Think of those Jumble puzzles, with a bit more difficulty and the letters rotate in a counter clockwise fashion that sometimes messes me up.
Memory Sprint: Better than the Person Count in version 1 and fairly difficult, but I still seem to do well at it.
Change Maker: If you have ever worked retail and with money, this game is pretty easy. I like it because it helps teach people to count change back instead of relying on cash registers to tell you how much to give back.
Word Blend: can DIAF.

As always Sudoku: I can't get enough of it.

Comments

• I loved the first Brain Age but I didn't think it justified the price tag. Does Brain Age 2 have more to do than the original?
  • Word Blend: can DIAF.
    Completely.
    I loved the first Brain Age but I didn't think it justified the price tag.
    It was only $20. That's worth it just for the awesome sudoku interface.
  • What is it with sudoku?!
    Maybe it's just me and how I can't complete one to save my life, but I don't see what's so cool about it.
  • Maybe it's just me and how I can't complete one to save my life, but I don't see what's so cool about it.
    I'm pretty sure you hit the nail on the head there. Sorry.
  • Brain Age 2 starts out too complex compared to Brain Age 1. So unless you've got experience with the first one, I don't recommend it. Luckily I think there's still a sale going on at Circuit City were all the "brain training" games are 25% (including Brain Age 1 & 2) and buy two get one free.
  • Maybe it's just me and how I can't complete one to save my life, but I don't see what's so cool about it.
    I guess so. Maybe if I get a Brain Game I'll actually learn to figure them out...
  • edited August 2007
    Maybe it's just me and how I can't complete one to save my life, but I don't see what's so cool about it.
    I guess so. Maybe if I get a Brain Game I'll actually learn to figure them out...
    I couldn't figure out Soduku either for the longest time...and thus didn't understand why they were so great. Then I picked up Brain Age and they somehow instantly made sense. Once you get the hang of it they're not so bad, and the reason for their popularity becomes pretty apparent. They require very little brain power, they involve numbers which most people equate with math so they feel smarter, they can actually be somewhat challenging.

It's sort of like Memory but for adults. (as opposed to 5 year olds)
    Post edited by raquor on

• I couldn't figure out Soduku either for the longest time...and thus didn't understand why they were so great. Then I picked up Brain Age and they somehow instantly made sense. Once you get the hang of it they're not so bad, and the reason for their popularity becomes pretty apparent. They require very little brain power, they involve numbers which most people equate with math so they feel smarter, they can actually be somewhat challenging.

It's sort of like Memory but for adults. (as opposed to 5 year olds)
    Ok, now I must pick up a Brain Game. They got one for DS, right?

Hey, Memory is the best game ever! Although Risk is pretty good.
  • Ok, by Day 8 of playing, I've earned customized stamps and Calendar Count. It's a game that you enter in the date or day of the week to whatever day that corresponds to the question they have, i.e. "What day of the week will 08/30 be?".

As for multi-player, I haven't played the multi-player for Brain Age 1, so I really can't compare, however I was able to get some multi-player action for Brain Age 2 at PAX. You only need one person with the game and you can have up to 15 other people playing with you after they download the software. From what I've seen, we can do multi-player Word Scramble, Money Changer, and a drawing game. The drawing game is awesome. Basically the games tells you to draw a few pictures and at the end all the players vote on the best picture. Some of the pictures that other people created were awesome. I remember one of the categories was to draw Tokyo. The only thing I could think of was drawing Tokyo tower and that was it. My friends drew wither Godzilla destroying buildings or a city with Mount Fiji in the background. The game can get pretty silly. So far I'm enjoying the game as much as I enjoyed the first one.