This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Is this creepy or whatever?

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
First off watch this.

This here.

Most people say seeing a live anime girl is weird. I just think its a new step of extreme cosplay and is really whatever. It might be creepy if they popped out at you with no warning outside of an anime convention setting. Otherwise whatever. What do you think?

Comments

• That was bizarre. Not disturbing, but bizarre.

A part of me died after watching it nonetheless.
  • I found that to be incredibly creepy, and along with One Sin, part of me died.
  • AniGao girls. Killing humans with their anime looking love.
  • Disturbing.
  • How is this any different from wearing Stormtrooper armor? Or even a mascot costume? It's not like she had surgery or anything. I have a client who looks like a flesh and blood anime character. Now that took some getting used to.
  • I agree its just a costume and should be treated as such but in some way distorting the human face as opposed to just covering it with what is unmistakably a mask unnerves me in a way I can't explain.

What worries me is there are people who probably like this and I am not surprised.
  • Yeah I don't see it as too creepy, it is just a costume after all.
  • I just dislike the cosplaying mask, because it felt like a cheap easy way out while making a costume. Some people just take accuracy too far.
  • I think I would be scared. You know, I would think anime-girls belong in my TV or on the internets, not in real life.
  • If I was walking down the street in my city and ran into this I'd stare and comment on it here. If I was walking down the street in Tokyo and saw this I'd get my picture taken with her and consider it touristy.
  • That was.. interesting. At least it was a mask, and no parts of her face moved... that would have brought it to a new level of creepiness. Otherwise, if this was at a convention, I would be fine with it for the most part.
  • edited August 2007
    The horror....

I agree that such distortion is inherently repulsive to most healthy human beings.
    Post edited by ironzealot on
  • The only thing I could think was that if she was going to get so much into character with her costume, she should be able to fix it so that the shoulder doesn't fall down when she has to write.
    The mask didn't creep me out, but the shoulder strap bothered me.
  • The creepiest thing about that is that is 100% a dude under that mask.

Kugurumi cosplayers are pretty much exclusively male (and crazy).
  • NOW I'm scared. T_T
  • Fortunately, the video you linked wasn't the creepiest one posted by anigaogirls.