This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How many pages will you sift through?

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
How many pages will you sift through when using Google or Amazon or something?

I know that I, personally, rarely go deeper than the first page. On Google I never do, if what I want isn't on the first page I rethink my search. On Amazon I sometimes go 2-3 pages deep but usually a rethought search works out better for this as well.

Comments

• Usually, I give up within five. If I REALLY want to find something, though, I've done up to twenty.

I'm speaking about google, btw. I don't really use Amazon.
  • I usually go into 3-5 pages, maybe. But, this for Google. I don't ever really use Amazon.
  • The vast majority of the time I don't go beyond the first page of Google search results. If what I want isn't on the first page, then I refine my search.
  • I generally don't use anything other than the first page on google(I have it set to 100 results per page though), and on any other site, at most the second or third page.
  • The vast majority of the time I don't go beyond the first page of Google search results. If what I want isn't on the first page, then I refine my search.
    I do the same thing.
  • It depends on what I'm looking for, if I'm looking for something specific I just go to the first page but if I'm looking for something general or researching something I go until the results get totally irrelevant.
  • I usually search the first two pages and refine my search if I don't find what I want. If it's research for a paper and I want as many sources as I can get, then I'll go until the results are off topic.
  • I sift through two pages of FRC forums to find threads about multiple pages.