This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott guest stars on the return of FNPL.

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
Well, you can blame Kilarney, but Friday Night Party Line is back. Scott was very kind to add his considerable talents to our first show after more than a year on hiatus. I thought it went well although I had to cut out a section on software and hardware emulators to keep the file manageable on Libsyn. If nothing else, I think we all had fun. :)

Comments

• I'm so glad to see it's back! I'm downloading it right now.
  • Yeah, FNPL is definitely fun to do, even if nobody listens to it. Apparently though, there are people listening to it, so holy crap.
  • I don't know what this is... should I download?
  • that was a good podcast, considering that going in I had no idea what it was about.
  • Listening to it right now... and I'm liking it.
  • Same here. Well done everyone involved.
  • I loved the card game disscusion... :D
  • edited August 2007
    I finally found the time to listen to the podcast - and it was well worth the wait.
    I really like the variety of it all. Every topic was interesting, yet every topic was unique.
    Your two-minute explanation of the sub-prime market was the best I've ever heard.

Scott had a little trouble adjusting to a panel. He's definitely used to the two person Geek Nights!

I agree with Scott, though. I just don't see the need for an HDTV - and I watch TV. What people don't realize is that the providers compress the hell out of the HDTV signal, so it isn't even that great. Our cable company doesn't offer HDTV at all, so I guess it's a somewhat moot point for me since I don't want to switch to DirectTV.

I also agree with Scott about collecting. I've never seen the point. It's pathetic to me to watch people try to jump on the latest craze. I remember when everyone thought that they would get rich off of Beanie Babies. It was absurd. The only people who make money are the leeches who jump on the fad and open up stores. When fad goes away, they just jump on whatever else is new. Remember how many baseball card stores there were in the 90s? The problem I have with those people is that they'll gladly take a kid's money to sell them a hyped up piece of garbage. That's why I view them as leeches.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Yes, HDTV is a waste right now. It would be worth it if the broadcast was in true uncompressed HD but it is not. Satellite is the same. Yeah it's a digital signal but that doesn't mean it's going to be a good signal!
  • Excellent show. I would continue to listen to this.
  • Keep in mind that during this recording I was really tired and I had a slight headache. Also, not being able to see the other people, and not knowing the other people, it is difficult to avoid interrupting each other and also not having awkward pauses where nobody talks. This is the advantage of doing 4 podcasts a week with the same person. Eventually that sort of problem goes away naturally.