This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What should I know about my computer?

edited August 2007 in Technology
Ok, I did a belarc (?) computer scan, but I really don't know what I need to look at to know what I should upgrade or what I should know if I wanna play some games.

Can someone help me?

Comments

• It's really hard to tell you anything about your computer when we know nothing about your computer. If you want to play games, you better at least list your hardware.
  • Find out what your computer specs are. Assuming you're on a Windows-based PC, go to Start, Run, and type msinfo32 and click OK. Compare those stats to the requirements of the game you want to play. If you don't meet the minimum requirements that the game has listed, then you can consider if you're in the market for an upgrade and if the price is worth the game(s) you wish you play.
  • edited August 2007
    Find out what your computer specs are. Assuming you're on a Windows-based PC, go to Start, Run, and type msinfo32 and click OK. Compare those stats to the requirements of the game you want to play. If you don't meet the minimum requirements that the game has listed, then you can consider if you're in the market for an upgrade and if the price is worth the game(s) you wish you play.
    Thanks! I'll have to try that when I get back home. Seems easier than belarc's (?), and maybe I can understand what it's showing me.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on