This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Computer stickers

edited August 2007 in Technology
When you buy a CPU (not a system) does it come with one of those "Intel inside" type stickers or is that something only the big PC makers get?

Comments

• If you buy an AMD or Intel CPU in a retail package you do get one of those silly stickers. I don't know why you want it, but you get it. If you buy an OEM CPU, as opposed to retail, then who knows. IIRC if you do not have a sticker AMD and Intel have programs that will allow you to obtain them relatively easily. There are many other stickers you can get as well if you know where to look on the Internets.
  • Thanks, I was thinking of writing an article about how some PC makers will stick any sticker on the chasis they can while apple will not stick anything on their machines. The iPhone does not even have an at&t logo on it and every cell phone I purchased through a carrier was always branded by them.
  • edited August 2007
    Thanks, I was thinking of writing an article about how some PC makers will stick any sticker on the chasis they can while apple will not stick anything on their machines. The iPhone does not even have an at&t; logo on it and every cell phone I purchased through a carrier was always branded by them.
    What's the worst is when you get those laptops or cameras that have the stickers all over them. The stickers are designed to advertise the machine while it is on display as a demo unit in a retail store. You know, the stickers they put to the left and right of the touch pad on laptops that list the specs and stuff? I know some people who don't remove those stickers! They don't remove stickers that were meant to be removed! wtf! These people can die in a fire.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I removed the stickers on my two new machines but one of them left behind some residue. I used my thumb to rub it off but it was time consuming.

Even worse than the machines that have the stickers on them is the machines with special areas designed to hold those stickers! The Dells we have at work all have a special area (with raised lines) for the stickers to go.
  • Use rubbing alcohol to remove sticker residue. There's a reason it's called rubbing alcohol.
  • Apple products always come with two little Apple stickers for you to put wherever. I just used one to seal the most recent customer service survey I got after getting my 360 repaired.
  • Apple products always come with two little Apple stickers for you to put wherever. I just used one to seal the most recent customer service survey I got after getting my 360 repaired.
    Apple stickers are different, they do not come attached to the hardware.
  • I like my sticker. System 76 FTW.

Apple stickers are different, they do not come attached to the hardware.
    Yeah, that's why I was able to put them wherever.
  • They don't remove stickers that were meant to be removed! wtf!
    Urghh my dad is exactly like that, he thinks that the stickers are some kind of proof of whatever is written on them, I just can't make him understand that it’s just garbage
  • I took the Apple sticker that came with my iPod and stuck it on my diary :P

It looks very chic.
  • I rarely remove said stickers on laptops. I'd rather have the sticker than a pile of sticky residue. But then the last laptop I bought was in 2001 and only had the little intel and made for windows sticks on it.
  • I rarely remove said stickers on laptops. I'd rather have the sticker than a pile of sticky residue. But then the last laptop I bought was in 2001 and only had the little intel and made for windows sticks on it.
    The stickers I am talking about are designed to be removed and do not leave residue.
  • I remove the stickers and replace them with way cooler stickers.
  • Speaking of which, who here puts awesome stickers on the top of their laptop? I've been collecting a bunch of awesome stickers to put there, but I haven't stuck them on yet.
  • I do. I put them on my work laptop too which may not be the best idea but so far no one seems to mind. The best are when you cover up the back lit apple logo so your sticker glows.
  • I do. Time for another pic.

• I took the Apple sticker that came with my iPod and stuck it on my diary :P It looks very chic.

I just remembered I stuck an Apple sticker on my old car, it too made it look ver chic.

And this is the front of my ex-car.
  • I took the Apple sticker that came with my iPod and stuck it on my diary :P It looks very chic.
    I just remembered I stuck an Apple sticker on my old car, it too made it look ver chic.

And this is the front of my ex-car.

Oh jeez. The iCar