This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My First Podcast

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
Some comments on one of last weeks shows got me to thinking: What was your first podcast and how did you get started listening to them? I think this would be interesting to see what works in expanding the podcast market.

Comments

• I believe my first podcast was either Ask a Ninja or Anime World Order. I found them while browsing through itunes after I saw some weird link that said "podcasts".
  • My first was Anime World Order. I found it randomly on iTunes.
  • Daizenshuu EX - The Podcast

I really liked the website, and thought that a podcast made by them would be great.
  • The Lord Admiral Radio Poker Podcast was my first, kinda sucks they stopped it was the only real good poker podcast I had found.
  • My first podcast was The Shooby Show, which I genuinely liked and it inspired me to do my own podcast. The kid doing it quit, then returned after a year. He had turned into a pompous, podcast-flaming, troll. I stopped listening.
  • I believe my first podcast was either Ask a Ninja or Anime World Order. I found them while browsing through itunes after I saw some weird link that said "podcasts".
    Ask a Ninja here, as well. Sadly, the newer episodes don't seem as entertaining as the earlier ones.
  • The Brain Food Podcast. Then I learned the difference between a shit ass podcast[<---], and a good one [Geek Nights].
  • Evil Genius Chronicles and Daily Source Code. I haven't listened to either in over a year.
  • edited August 2007
    ...GeekNights.

Because Rym had a link to it in his AIM profile.
    Post edited by AtheriShadow on
  • TWiT I think. If it wasn't TWiT it was Daily Source Code or Comic Geek Speak. The only one of those three I don't listen to anymore is DSC. I found all of them in the iTunes podcast directory the day I got my iPod nano.
  • I found the MacCast and Cinema Rant right after buying my mac. I still listen to most of the MacCast and I listen to Cinema Rant when they bother to post a show.
  • I think it was CBC's Quirks and Quarks. It has been a long time, so it could be another show, but Q&Q was the earliest one I can remember.
  • GeekNights...
    I never listened to a single podcast until well after we'd started doing GeekNights.
  • TWiT, found it right there on the front page of the podcasts the day I got my first iPod (5th gen, a little late I know).
  • TWiT got me started since it was originally pitched as a return to the Screen Savers, and then it sort of evolved from there.
  • GeekNights...

I never listened to a single podcast until well after we'd started doing GeekNights.
    This is somewhat surprising to me I guess. Interesting!

GeekNights was my first and I was put on to it by a friend and fellow listener.
  • This is somewhat surprising to me I guess. Interesting! I say it fairly often, but I avoided podcasts for the longest time mostly due to the fact that the vast majority of them are terrible, both in audio quality and in content.
    Even the podcasts I do enjoy, many of them are barely listenable just for the lack of sound processing and proper microphone use.
  • Even the podcasts Idoenjoy, many of them are barely listenable just for the lack of sound processing and proper microphone use.
    Now I'm confused. I thought Scott was the snob. ~_^
  • edited August 2007
    NPR's On the Media - I was big fan before I moved in 2005, but local NPR station in my new home town didn't carry that particular program. While investigating methods by which I could listen to my show through the intrawebs, I stumbled apon the concept of podcasts.
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
  • Probably the original BoardGameGeek GeekSpeak podcast.
  • TWIT I believe...and I can't even remember how I found out about it.
  • Geeknights was the first I listened to. Then AWO followed through Geeknights talking about them. Now I got some of my friends into it.