This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Trying To Put Together A Piece For Band

edited September 2007 in Video Games
Ok, so I'd love to get a super head-start on my Solo/Ensemble piece for band, and I've got a semi-great idea.

While listening to the Ocarina of Time Medley, I thought it'd be great to write my own version for the Flute. Then I started thinking... A lot of my Band-mates are really into video games, so why not make a small ensemble and write a nice medley of video game music! But here's my problem... I have no idea what should be in it. So far, I've got:

Wily's Theme
Ocarina of Time songs
Mario Themes
Star Fox themes
Pokemon Battle, Gym, and intro Themes

Any other ones I should put into it? Focus on? Any ones I should take out? Not really focus on, but still keep it in?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mario theme?
  • edited September 2007
    Mario theme?
    But... I already have that up there...
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • How are you going to arrange it? If you just use the songs sheet music from the internet I think you would need to compose a bridge in between each song that makes it for smooth transitions/key changes.
  • How are you going to arrange it? If you just use the songs sheet music from the internet I think you would need to compose a bridge in between each song that makes it for smooth transitions/key changes.
    Finale Notepad '07.
    And it will be that way. I've done this before (although with pen and paper).
  • Send me the sheetmusic for this when you're done.

I want to see how it turns out.
  • Send me the sheetmusic for this when you're done.

I want to see how it turns out.
    Will do!
    Although, it's not gonna be done anytime soon. With packing and HWK, I won't get all that much time to work on it. :P
  • I can help you if you want me to.
  • edited September 2007
    I can help you if you want me to.
    I might take you up on that.
    But, I assume you mean writing, and that isn't happening yet. Unless you mean the titles of some songs I'd like to play. But, on the subject of that, my dad says I should play some Galaga and Pac-Man at the begining to hook the judges, because those are the games they've most likeley played. What do you think?
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • I am intrigued...
    I would like to take a gander at the sheet music as well.
  • edited September 2007
    ...my dad says I should play some Galaga and Pac-Man at the begining to hook the judges, because those are the games they've most likeley played. What do you think?
    Galaga would be very much unexpected and very much awesome. I'd go for it.
    I am intrigued...
    And after you're done practicing, a video for teh internets.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I am intrigued...
    Alright!
    I guess I could try to record it, as well. But we'll probably only record practice takes in my house, in "the Studio," where podcasts are recorded along with some flute practice.
    Now that I think about it, a Flute duet seems the way to go instead of a big band thing. I can only write music for Flute (it being the only instrument I can really play), and Ocarina of Time would sound great with it (I've already tired doing a duet with one of my fellow flute-players, and it turned out awesome).

• And after you're done practicing, a video for teh internets.
    Oh! That reminds me! My Louie, Louie and Ironman video is just sitting around, and I should put that on the compy.
  • edited September 2007
    You could just post the sheet music online. That way everyone could look at it and send ideas about what to configure.

EDIT: If you want I can host it.
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • Great idea Kiwi. I want to see the sheets as well.
  • You could just post the sheet music online. That way everyone could look at it and send ideas about what to configure.

EDIT: If you want I can host it.
    I'd love it if you could host it! I've got nowhere to put things internet-wise.
  • Just send it to me via Email: elrgermany@gmail.com
  • Thank-ya thank-ya!

I really hope you guys like it...
  • The Bolero of Fire, from Ocarina. Make it longer, make it metal.

God dammit that would be amazing.
  • The Bolero of Fire, from Ocarina. Make it longer, make it metal.

Metal? On Flute?
  • edited September 2007
    Yes, metal on flute.

That would kick so much ass the world would instantaneously blow up.

Imagine, a metal band, instead of guitars they have a full orchestra; no I'm not talking about apocalyptica, I'm talking about something along the line of death/black metal.

It would be so metal your balls will clank.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Yes, metal on flute.

Imagine, a metal band, instead of guitars they have a full orchestra; no I'm not talking about apocalyptica, I'm talking about something along the line of death/black metal.

It's would be so metal your balls will clank.
    I've already tried that... my friends don't like the idea. :P
  • It's would be so metal your balls will clank.
    An image of Duke Nukem flashed in my head when I read this sentence.
  • It's would be so metal your balls will clank.
    An image of Duke Nukem flashed in my head when I read this sentence.
    I'm glad someone caught the reference.
  • Yes, metal on flute.

I'm going to do it with the handful of synthesizers I have lying around my house/avant-grand studio. :3
  • Yes, metal on flute.

I'm going to do it with the handful of synthesizers I have lying around my house/avant-grand studio. :3
    I have a feeling it will sound like the awesomest thing the world will ever hear.
  • Yes, metal on flute.

I have a feeling it will sound like the awesomest thing the world will ever hear.
    Damn straight.

I'm going to start composing tomorrow.