This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• If you ... can't get a 8 or 9 on this quiz, you need to learn more about your tires.
    To be fair, I live in a different country, and so a lot of these answer are different for me.
  • If you ... can't get a 8 or 9 on this quiz, you need to learn more about your tires.
    To be fair, I live in a different country, and so a lot of these answer are different for me.
    The only one you get a pass on is the penny question. Otherwise, PSI is kPa in your country.
  • 10/10. Tires are expensive - it pays to know about them.
  • edited December 2011
    It also helps to get your tires at a trusted business. There is a west coast business here that guarantees your tires and will offer free inspections and repair of holes for the life of the tire.

I got an 8/10. I messed up on the PSI questions.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I got a 7/10 but I'm counting it as 8/10 because I chose the hovercraft option >_>
  • It also helps to get your tires at a trusted business. There is a west coast business here that guarantees your tires and will offer free inspections and repair of holes for the life of the tire.

I got an 8/10. I messed up on the PSI questions.
    There's a place around here that does that and free alignments if you buy from them. As for the quiz, a lot of the answers were glaringly obvious.
  • I have no idea what "lug nut locks" were, and I guessed what "LT" stands for. That's 1/5. Then there are some slight differences in how maximum/preferred pressure is communicated to you. That might not be 'a lot' but I hope you understand what I meant.
  • edited December 2011
    The fact that I got 9/10 on this disturbs me. I don't think I know that much about tires. I didn't know about the LT because I've never driven anything classed as that.

ETA: Also, mad standardized test guessing skillz.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • 9/10 fuck that penny test
  • 9/10 fuck that penny test
    How many mm of tread should your tires have at a minimum for safety?

• edited December 2011
    Is that because they didn't use Colónes instead?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Prancer is my fave.
  • Prancer reminds me of a poodle rubbing its ears on the carpet. I like Dancer. Dancer seems so excited!
  • I declare a new law: Whenever a group of anything is posted to any thread on any forum ever, that thread will immediately begin discussing which is the best, if they continue to discuss it at all.
  • MLP + Baman and Piderman starring those reindeer would be awesome.
  • Thing of my day: Finally got internet in my new place, and it's not Comcast. See kids, Christmas miracles do come true!
  • Thing of my day: Finally got internet in my new place, and it's not Comcast. See kids, Christmas miracles do come true!
    My English teacher said that the reason she doesn't use Comcast is because when her cable broke, they would only come 9-5. The conversation went along these lines:
    "I can't be home then, I need to work."
    "Then you should take the day off work."
    "So you can't work for the American worker?"
    "I don't see why this is such a big deal..."
    "Well what do you do when your cables broken?"
    "Actually, Ma'am, we don't get Comcast up here in Canada."
    Who do you have for your ISP?

• edited December 2011
    Missed the penny test, because I don't know how big a penny is off the top of my head, but 5-8 MM of tread depth is usually alright for road driving.
    This reminded me of Whale Shark or Churba.
    Damn, I really want to try that now. I've boiled the kettle with various types of torches quite a few times, but that's a new idea.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'm pretty sure I need new tires. It's kind of irrelevant right now though, seeing as tires cost money, of which I have none.
  • This is like the best thing ever.
    Who do you have for your ISP?
    Switched over to CenturyLink. Cheaper per month, installation took five minutes (didn't need to have someone come and do it), and the performance is equal if not better from a few hours use.
  • I have -censored- Telmex. Fails a ton.
  • edited December 2011
    Welp, I came.

EDIT: Seriously, that looks incredible. I want that, like, now.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Switched over to CenturyLink. Cheaper per month, installation took five minutes (didn't need to have someone come and do it), and the performance is equal if not better from a few hours use.
    That's DSL, right? I may have to consider them sometime.

Also, bravest kitteh ever!

• Switched over to CenturyLink. Cheaper per month, installation took five minutes (didn't need to have someone come and do it), and the performance is equal if not better from a few hours use.
    That's DSL, right? I may have to consider them sometime.
    Yeah, it's DSL, so peak speeds aren't as high as cable, but it's more consistent. Maybe not fast enough for gaming, but certainly for streaming video.