This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Russian government wants citizens to take off work to have sex

edited September 2007 in Everything Else
An interesting situation has developed. Due to a bunch of issues, the Russian population is predicted to lose a third within in the next 40 years (about a decline of .5% a year). The Russian government has a plan to boost that though. Couples that have sex around now, and give birth on Russian National Day will receive money, and or prizes. To that end the Russian government has declare today (Wednesday) a national holiday called "family contact day" for people to get off work to have sex. Apparently the plan is working as last year the birth rate spiked 4.5% with one couple winning a SUV.

Comments

• edited September 2007
    is too cold :(

Post edited by Erwin on
  • Wow. Just...wow!

*approves*
  • In Soviet Russia, sex has you?
  • Yes, Jason. It does.

I must say, this is pretty awesome. The Russian government just gained influence on me.
    I was totally about to do that.
    *approves Jason*
  • I view this as kind of hollow as usually the major factor influencing the birth rate is how expensive and difficult it is to bring up children. Stuff like this is just to look good without changing the core problems.
  • I view this as kind of hollow as usually the major factor influencing the birth rate is how expensive and difficult it is to bring up children. Stuff like this is just to look good without changing the core problems.
    Thats why in places like France if you can trance you family through French history the French will give you a pile of stuff, a house, free train rides, pretty much anything you need. Everywhere in Europe populations are dropping.