This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geeknights gaming google calendar

edited September 2007 in Everything Else
There have been a few threads about people wanting to play the rest of the forum in organized matches recently and it occurred to me that a simple way of organizing this would be an official geeknights game nights calendar on google calendar which people could subscribe to and see when the next game they wanted to play was being played.
I doubt I would have the commitment to keep such a thing running but I think it would be the easiest way to do this. Is anyone willing to make and maintain one?

Comments

• That's a cool idea. I think I can probably do it. I also have a game releases calender, but its only the games I'm keeping an eye on so I could make that shareable too if people wanted.
  • Here is the calender ID: pc89frh6ado5s9e9qgenes87e0@group.calendar.google.com

All there is right now is Team Fortress 2 all day Monday for day 1 of the Beta.
  • if all the games we play are on Steam, a Google Calendar is not necessary. We can schedule events in the FRC group in the Steam Community.
  • Is that invite only? I couldn't figure out how to join the group.
  • Is that invite only? I couldn't figure out how to join the group.
    If you want an invite, friend me and message me for one.
  • well what about 360 and PS3 games, or other non-Steam PC games?
  • well what about 360 and PS3 games, or other non-Steam PC games?
    Is anyone really going to be playing those after tomorrow?
  • Is anyone really going to be playing those after tomorrow?

People like me who have crappy computers that can't handle TF2. DAMN IT!
  • Is anyone really going to be playing those after tomorrow?

People like me who have crappy computers that can't handle TF2. DAMN IT!

It doesn't take much. If you can play HL2, you can play TF2.
  • It doesn't take much. If you can play HL2, you can play TF2.
    Well I downloaded the HL2 demo to check, the first level was fine, but the 2nd one started getting all lagy with all the fire and the lighting effects. I tried turning everything fancy off, but there were points where it turned unplayable. So sad.
    BTW does anyone knows if it’s possible to get in the beta after tomorrow?
  • Uhh, you know that if you want to you can play these games on a console?

I agree, we should set up more than Steam nights. Yawn.
  • BTW does anyone knows if it’s possible to get in the beta after tomorrow?
    If you pre-order the orange box on Steam, you should be able to get the beta anytime between when they release it (later today) and when the final game comes out (a month from now). Even if you don't ever get the beta, it is worth it to pre-order on Steam now to save $5.
  • edited September 2007
    If this is anything like that Fortress Forever mod, I'm going to have a miserable time playing. I can play CSS and HL2, but that game was terrible on my machine. I'm hoping that it was because it was a free mod and that the TF2 will handle my resources a little better.
    Post edited by snookernet on
  • If this is anything like that Fortress Forever mod, I'm going to have a miserable time playing. I can play CSS and HL2, but that game was terrible on my machine. I'm hoping that it it was because it was a free mod and that the TF2 will handle my resources a little better.
    If you can play CSS and HL2, you should expect similar performance from TF2.
  • If this is anything like that Fortress Forever mod, I'm going to have a miserable time playing. I can play CSS and HL2, but that game was terrible on my machine. I'm hoping that it was because it was a free mod and that the TF2 will handle my resources a little better.
    Are you sure it isn't the netcode?  Fortress Forever will periodically get super choppy and crappy, but it's a network and not a PC problem.
  • That's definitely possible. I'll have to give it another go before I give up on it.
  • How about playing some retro games? I'd like to see what is so great about Tribes 2 (which I surprisingly have the disc for) and if anyone wants to try out C&C Generals: Shockwave mod I would like to play them.
  • I'd like to see what is so great about Tribes 2
    Due to the way Tribes 2 servers worked, it's practically impossible to play with other people, and there is no single player game. -_-
  • Yeah, you guys keep talking up T2, and I only ever played Tribes 1 on PS2...
  • edited September 2007
    I'd like to see what is so great about Tribes 2

Due to the way Tribes 2 servers worked, it's practically impossible to play with other people, and there is no single player game. -_-

Quite easy, just form a Hamachi group which acts as a virtual LAN game. I'll go dig out my disc.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I'd like to see what is so great about Tribes 2

Quite easy, just form a Hamachi group which acts as a virtual LAN game. I'll go dig out my disc.
    The problem is that hamachi is slow, which actually shouldn't be a problem for Tribes 2 since the net code is actually really super efficient. I've even played Tribes 2 almost perfectly with a 56k modem. The real problem is that for a real game of Tribes 2 you need 40+ some-odd players.