This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pants that fit

Comments

edited September 2007
    Wait... the pants industry is aiming (in the US) more towards the average fat American instead of a healthy adult? WTF!?!?! That's another reason killed for fat people who want/need to lose weight! Now people have less incentive to lose weight! "Yeeh, I want to lose weight, but there are no pants to fit your average fit American, so I won't bother (+1 pound)"

Random pair of pants/jeans from my closet states: 32 waist and 36 length. Hrm -__- *curses*
    EDIT: I don't know if I need a belt on said pair of jeans. Like I said, random pair.
    Post edited by ... on
  • The fact that Rym even wears pants is still a bit of a shock to me. I think almost every time I've seen him, he's been in a T-shirt, sometimes with a Hawaiian shirt over it, shorts of some variety, and sandels (unless he's going to run up Beacon mountain).

Either that or nothing but a damp towel.
  • Jeans I'm wearing right now... 30x30, and I need a belt.
  • Random pair of pants/jeans from my closet states: 32 waist and 36 length. Hrm -__- *curses*
    GIVE ME THEM! This is what I need. I thought they only existed in legend.
  • I can always find pants in my size. 32 waist, 34 length.
  • I usually find pants that fit but the pants are always WAY too long.
    The waist fits perfectly (sometimes I need a belt) but because of my 5'2.5" shortness, I resort to the folding of the pants.
  • Wait... the pants industry is aiming (in the US) more towards the average fat American instead of a healthy adult? WTF!?!?! That's another reason killed for fat people who want/need to lose weight! Now people have less incentive to lose weight! "Yeeh, I want to lose weight, but there are no pants to fit your average fit American, so I won't bother (+1 pound)" Random pair of pants/jeans from my closet states: 32 waist and 36 length. Hrm -__- *curses* EDIT: I don't know if I need a belt on said pair of jeans. Like I said, random pair.

Honestly, I can't really blame clothing companies for catering to the overweight, since that's where the market is.  They need to make money, you know?
    edited September 2007
    Random pair of pants/jeans from my closet states: 32 waist and 36 length. Hrm -__- *curses*
    GIVE ME THEM! This is what I need. I thought they only existed in legend.
    Never! My awesome pair of pants that fit me.
    Honestly, I can't really blame clothing companies for catering to the overweight, since that's where the market is. They need to make money, you know?
    True, they need to make money. But that doesn't mean they should stop making sizes for the average fit adult. Heck, the government should subsidize weight loss stuff and healthy food. What country wants to be recognized by it's millions of pathetically fat people!?!?!
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited September 2007
    Finding pants for myself is usually pretty hard to do. Big AND tall usually isn't. What they REALLY mean is "big OR tall..." At 6 foot 5 inches and 265 pounds, I'm a large guy. Ideally, I wear a 44x33 or 44x34, depending on the purpose. If they are just normal wear, a 33 inseam is plenty, but if it's for riding a motorcycle, i need a 34 inseam. I would actually wear a 40 or 42 inch waist, but seeing as How I spent a large chunk of my adult life weighing in at around 300-315 pounds, and the fact that it never stopped me from playing or reffing paintball and air-soft, I've built up fairly large calf and thigh muscles, so anything smaller than a 44 waist size is just not comfortable.

And For a reference, when I graduated from high school, I weighed 205 pounds at 6 foot 4 inches, and I was nothing but skin, bones, and muscle. And since that time, I've put on about 25 pounds of muscle. So for my actual size, I'm not really THAT overweight.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Rym, go to Macy's. Go to the Calvin Klein section of the mens store. You'll find pants that fit you and look good on you. 30x32 seems to be a common size to me in the department store.
    two pairs of 34x34 pants, one of them fits perfectly and one is a bit tight in the waist. Neither has adjustable anything on the waist either. Still trying to figure that one out.
    That's just human error right there. Or sweatshop fatigue. I'm going with the latter.

As for women's clothes, I have no problem in finding pants that fit me..I just have to freaking hem all of them. I hate you white people with your long stupid legs.

• As for women's clothes, I have no problem in finding pants that fit me..I just have to freaking hem all of them. I hate you white people with your long stupid legs.
    LOL /agree. Damn tall bishes. I should learn how to hem. It probably isn't that hard. >.>
  • Rym, go to Macy's. Go to the Calvin Klein section of the mens store. You'll find pants that fit you and look good on you. 30x32 seems to be a common size to me in the department store.
    I'm also very cheap. ^_~  I like to spend less than $25 for pants.
  • I like to spend less than $25 for pants.
    So true, all the pants that fit perfectly are well over $40 here. I once found a $3 pair of pants at an Old Navy that fitted perfectly, they weren't actually $3, some employee must’ve tagged them with the wrong sticker or something, when the cashier registered it actually said t-shirt something but she paid no attention or didn’t care enough. I wore those jeans till they fell apart.
  • edited September 2007
    Wow 25 dollars still seems a bit pricey for me. As much as I detest the store I tend to pick up most of my work pants at Hot Topic just because all I need for work are Dickies or Khakis and it's normally possible to get them from Hot Topic around here for less then 10 dollars if you look.
    Post edited by Chris on
  • I always carry a few Quick Balls just for that purpose.

Just wanted to quote that out of context.
    /off-topic
  • I'm also very cheap. ^_~  I like to spend less than $25 for pants.

Less than $25? It's been so long since I've found jeans cheaper than less than $30, even at places like Kohls.

Which section has Rym been shopping at?!
  • I get my Dickies either online, or at Wal-Mart, depending on the price. Oddly enough, Dickes tend to be available in my size.
  • I get my Dickies either online, or at Wal-Mart, depending on the price. Oddly enough, Dickes tend to be available in my size.
    I never knew they sell sex toys in Wal-mart. ;)
    Joking.
  • jccjcc
    edited September 2007
    Buying online is probably your best bet. Usually the online discount and the cost of shipping balance each other out.

If you haven't lately, you might also have someone measure your inseam. You might be surprised. Many men wear their pants too long. There should be no bunching or puddling in the legs.
    Post edited by jcc on
  • Haha.

Get some emo jeans Rym.
  • I can't imagine someone like Rym wearing emo-jeans.

Do it!
  • Emo-jeans are made for the other end of pathetic average Americans. Made to fit things that are too skinny to be healthy. Also, roughly 50% of my pants are apparently Jack & Jones. Mom working in clothing store has plus points. :D
  • I can't imagine someone like Rym wearing emo-jeans.

Do it!
    Whenever I try, I see this instead:

• That's so awesome...

*gets lost in the picture*
  • 30? I don't think I've ever purchased pants that said 30 waist on them in my life. Pretty sure I went from kids jeans to 36. I was nice and skinny way the hell back in middle school and freshmen year of high school. Since high school I've managed to gain roughly 50-60 pounds. Wow that sounds like a lot...never really thought about it before.

Now I'm 40x30. I'm overweight...but judging by the people I walk past on the street everyday I'm still on the thin end of the spectrum.
  • Whenever I try, I see this instead:I should note that I still own that uniform.  It was old-school in the extreme: made of broadcloth, weighing a million pounds, and complicated.  It consisted of eleven distinct components (shoes, pants, cumberbund and sash, dickie, chain, shoulder ropes, coat, cape, gloves, helmet, and plume), each of which had to be donned manually.  I'm actually wearing improper shoes in that picture.
    Man, I loved marching in a corps.  I was real close to going into music instead of this computer jive.
  • Well, at least in austria I don't have big problems finding me jeans 34 by 34, I have the same type 12 times or so (somehow my mother manages to have problems with having 1 pair of my 14 or so clean each week). The jeans are comfortable, mostly stay over my waist without a belt and look quite good.
  • I should note that I still own that uniform. It was old-school in the extreme: made of broadcloth, weighing a million pounds, and complicated. It consisted of eleven distinct components (shoes, pants, cumberbund and sash, dickie, chain, shoulder ropes, coat, cape, gloves, helmet, and plume), each of which had to be donned manually. I'm actually wearing improper shoes in that picture.

Man, I loved marching in a corps. I was real close to going into music instead of this computer jive.

Was that DCI?
  • THAT WAS RYM!?!??? O______o

Woaaaaw... short hair and awesome sideburns.

• Woaaaaw... short hair and awesome sideburns.
    There's long hair, it's just tied behind his head.