This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070919 - Anime Piracy

RymRym
edited September 2007 in Anime
Tonight on GeekNights: Piracy. In the news, One Piece's new dub premiers, and Kazuo Koike goes on and on about copyright.
Scott's Thing - lolthulu

Rym's Thing - Ubercon Promo Video

Comments

• ....you WHORES!

Awesome episode, guys.
  • LOTGH is awesome unless you know about french history :P
  • That Ubercon video made me want to fucking puke. Its terribleness better be why it's a TOTD.
  • I see an Alex and a Katsu in that Ubercon promo! And a Luke Crane!
  • That Ubercon video made me want to fucking puke.
    How so?
  • One Piece is very different than almost every other Shonen fighting show, or at least the manga is. While the fights do last for a long time, it's only because there is other stuff happening during the fight. Scott, you should give it another try.
  • One Piece is very different than almost every other Shonen fighting show, or at least the manga is. While the fights do last for a long time, it's only because there is other stuff happening during the fight. Scott, you should give it another try.
    11 volumes of manga is not enough?
  • One Piece is very different than almost every other Shonen fighting show, or at least the manga is. While the fights do last for a long time, it's only because there is other stuff happening during the fight. Scott, you should give it another try.I was into One piece since 2000. I watched a little bit back in Peru and here I found some scantlations before it was ever legaly avalible in America. I must say that One Piece that I was surprised how one of the Pirates Kings appeared in one of the fist volumes and it fought Rorona Zorro. At the moment I thought to myself " Wow they are really advancing the story a lot faster than any other manga and that fight ended very quickly also".
    I was interested also on the little side stories ( remember the one with the kid that wanted to be a Navy Officer and undergo a lot of training with the Captain that had the dog cap , that was cool WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THEM ? )
    Also they kept bringing more crew to the ship, I thing the addition of the reinder was cool but then they brought Robin, and know the Cyborg. I have nothing against them but if you are to bring more characters at least defeat more Pirate Kings, in the last 10 years they have defeated less than 4 pirate kings.
    Eiichiro Oda already knows how it is gonna end since his original story was suppose to finish within 5 years of the starting date. I think that once the story is just being prolonge to suck money then eventually is gonna suck itself :S

• The camera man was all twisty and turny... My stomach corresponded.
  • Uber Con looks pretty damn fun and cool. I'll have to look into it more and see if I am able to attend it this year. If so, it would be awesome. I've never been east of Texas and the east coast intrigues me.
  • Uber Con looks pretty damn fun and cool. I'll have to look into it more and see if I am able to attend it this year. If so, it would be awesome. I've never been east of Texas and the east coast intrigues me.
    Ubercon is fun, but not worth crossing the country for. There are plenty of equally awesome gaming conventions on your side of the country.
  • Ubercon is fun, but not worth crossing the country for. There are plenty of equally awesome gaming conventions on your side of the country.
    Duly noted. It kinda looks like a mini PAX from the video. Reminds me of early years I attended Sakura Con: a convention in a hotel that consists of many tight knit groups of geeks who are enjoying and sharing their smiliar interests that you'll always recognize and remember. I kinda miss those kind of conventions.
    11 volumes of manga is not enough?
    Unfortunately, the story doesn't really "start" until after they free Nami from Arlong and they get to Rougetown.
  • I was interested also on the little side stories ( remember the one with the kid that wanted to be a Navy Officer and undergo a lot of training with the Captain that had the dog cap , that was cool WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THEM ? )
    They come back after the Water 7 arch and it is quite a hilarious moment.
  • I was interested also on the little side stories ( remember the one with the kid that wanted to be a Navy Officer and undergo a lot of training with the Captain that had the dog cap , that was cool WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THEM ? )They come back after the Water 7 arch and it is quite a hilarious moment.

Can you tell me how many volumes into the manga was that, since I believe the mini story arcs of that particular story happened during the first 5, but I might be wrong.