This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Red Ring

edited October 2007 in Video Games

The 360 is like a light bulb and I just got served my 1st Red Ring.

God Dammit.

Comments

• There's nothing quite like your first. Just be happy it isn't your 5th of 6th.
  • Looks pretty.
  • Within a week of purchasing my 360, I got a red ring. Only thing is, it was all 4 red LED's. Turns out my VGA cable was bad.
  • Pretty...yet evil. Like most girls I know.
  • *pop*

That's yer Cherry!
  • Looks pretty.
    It's an awesome picture indeed.

But that sucks. Less 360 game talk on Over 40 Gamer now till it's fixed/replaced?
  • It sucks more for people who got Halo 3 and went home to the red ring in the same day. LOL.
  • It sucks more for people who got Halo 3 and went home to the red ring in the same day. LOL.
    My roommates bricked a two days before it came out. I think he cried a little.
  • I wonder how many XBOX 360s you would need to ensure for a given amount of time that you still had 1 that worked. There was probably someone who bought the Halo XB3 just to make sure he would have at least 1 that worked.
  • Looks pretty.
    It's an awesome picture indeed.

But that sucks. Less 360 game talk on Over 40 Gamer now till it's fixed/replaced?
    It's funny b/c I recorded half an episode Sunday night. I'm out of town for two days, so I can't finish it, but there will be some ranting when I do. Because I'm out of town, I can't even send it back yet.
  • I got my RROD about 3 months ago, and since they had extended the warranty, they fixed my 360. And I haven't had a problem since.
  • I'm still on my first 360. Maybe it's because I don't use it so much.
  • Just make sure you have a lot of friends over to play it a lot in a short space of time before the warranty runs out.
  • Oh noes better get out the towels.
  • So maybe that is why Xbox 360 sales were so high last month?
  • Or maybe the biggest hyped game of the year came out...

The warranty they give you with the Xbox is retarded now. It's like 3 years. There's no reason not to send it back. Nor should you be doing ridiculous shit like wrapping it in towels, which could potentially void your warranty.
  • Or maybe the biggest hyped game of the year came out...
    The sad thing is that even though they sold more 360's than Wiis they only sold about 27K more.
  • ph33r the red ring of doom.

I was thinking about getting a 360, but with all the problems it has, is it worth it?
  • Just make sure you have a lot of friends over to play it a lot in a short space of time before the warranty runs out.
    That's why you get the extended warranty. $30 = the ability to drive to Best Buy and give them old and busted for new hotness. Hopefully new hotness with HDMI! My 360 hasn't busted yet but I'm covered for about eleventy billion years now seeing as MS extended their own warranty forever. Plus my 360 is only 6 months old.

(Note: I probably just jinxed myself and the next time I want to play...DOOM!)
  • Best Buy warranties are pieces of shit. You're better off throwing your money away.

Especially now that Microsoft has got you covered for free.
  • Thing is Microsoft probably doesn't care how much money it's pissing away on this.
  • I get red rings all the time on my 360, just not the fatal kind. But now that the weather is heating up in my neck of the woods, I expect the machine to crap out any day now - probably the day I get Mass Effect.
  • I got my red rings right after buying my PS3, so with my Xbox out for repair it gave me time to finish Resistance: Fall of Man on PS3 and then Killzone for the PS2. The day I got my Xbox 360 back was the same day I got my new computer from Dell - it was a fun day for sure.
  • edited October 2007
    The day I got my Xbox 360 back was the same day I got my new computer from Dell - it was a fun day for sure.
    It sucks being the penniless student.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited October 2007
    Oh I was there dude a few years back..don't get me wrong. But I've been done University for a few years now and have an ok job. It helps that I don't drink or smoke or have any bad habits...I can put that money to other uses, like my geeky toys ;-)
    Post edited by zombie a gogo on